This guy's parting out Cornwalls on E-Bay

intotubes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5804725270&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

I asked him about it when he put the woofers up for sale. Said the cabinets were trashed. Whatever.

Now he's posting that info in his ads.

Some of the paperwork pics he posted say the speakers can be used in a vertical or horizontal position. (gasp) Did he cannibalize a set of vertical horn Cornwalls?[:@]

The labels look pretty good, the cabs couldn't have been that bad. Look for empty CW cabinets to be listed next.

Ok, these boxes are gone. The guy's name is Johnny, he's an auctioneer in TX, who does a lot of estates and had sold a pair of Heresies to someone in Canada in last 6 months. When he got these CW's said they were in really bad shape, but I told him that we do corner rebuilds and reveneer- to save the boxes and we'd fix em up. Labor of love thing.

I told him our story, asked him to never do that again. Told him about the whole being worth more than sum of parts, and how we kind of cold shoulder the pieces parts auctions, so he might as well sell the complete cabinets vs taking time to bust em up.

He was concerned about shipping and I asked him to post here first, that we'd get it sold for fair price and find someone local to pickup and arrange shipping or delivery. He sounded nice and pretty reasonable and honestly didn't know of the following that Klipsch speakers had.

Michael

he says trashed. so yes, gone, gone, gone...

pity, but he didn't know what he had. He knows now, I made sure of that. He put his phone number on ebay ad so I just called him up. Was civil though. Didn't offer to come down there and shove a K700 down his throat. LOL

Michael

he says trashed. so yes, gone, gone, gone...

pity, but he didn't know what he had. He knows now, I made sure of that. He put his phone number on ebay ad so I just called him up. Was civil though. Didn't offer to come down there and shove a K700 down his throat. LOL

Michael

FEEL THE LOVE [;)]

I have a set of Heresys I'm thinking about selling. The cabinets are perfect, and were handbuilt by Jordan here on the forum. They have K-77-M's and K-55-M's in them. The network was built by me and I have about $200.00 in parts on them. Until recently -- they would give my Klipschorns a good run in every area except bottom end slam and room loading. The tweeters are worth $150, the mids around $200, the woofers about $150, and the networks close to $300. That's $700, and I still have the cabinets. Maybe sell those for $175 a piece. Anyone want to give me $875.00 for my Heresys?