(OT) My Bow Was Stolen!

3dzapper

Well, I WAS going to go to bed.( I went out to close the gun turret (moon roof) in my truck and make sure it was locked for the night when I noticed that the interior lights were on. Naturally I was puzzled. I live in a nice secluded nieborhood and did not suspect anything was amiss. Maybe I hit the interior light switch when I came home from an archery shoot this AM. No. Then I noticed that the back gate on the Expidition was open. WTF? I didn't remember it being open when my wife and I returned from a cookout earlier in her car. When I looked in the back I saw that my custom coumpound bow, quiver arrows, brand new custom made release( first use today) and new bow case were GONE!!!! Counting everything including my special glasses designed to give me the same 20/15 vision in my right eye from it's normal 30/20 that I have in my left were worth the price of a pair of nice used Khorns or $1800.

I have other bows but that was the best shooting of all. It won me three Rhode Island State Championships and a New Hampshire State 3D championship just this year in addition to several others in prior years. My insurance should reimburse me for the monetary loss but I will never have the same "feel". Every nick and scratch had a meaning. The hours spent building the three dozen arrows that went with it and the wait for my new release

Sorry, I had to vent.

Rick

My dad used to shoot tournaments and do field archery and the occasional hunt. I know the degree of customization from 25 years ago. It's got to be practically space age technology by now. I feel for your loss (lost?).

For any musicians out there, imagine your fave guitar being swiped, you know, the one that sounds just right, that fit you perfectly. That is the enormity of this member's loss.

Check local pawn shops, unless there's a lot of archery and hunting in your area, it probably got dumped for beer or crack money. Did you have it marked and insured? Hopefully.

Michael

Rick,

Man, I am sorry to hear that. Even with the insurance reimbursement, you had that thing fine tuned to you.

One thing I'm wondering... 3D is the name of bow contests? I'm a complete know nothing about such.

Anyway, no doubt stolen by someone with NO CLUE what they've got.

Perhaps if you could put the word out on the street, you could buy it

back cheap.[:@]

Good anology Micheal. I am going to keep an eye on fleabay too. The color combination was so unique that I know of only two others in the country, one other model that I still own and one older model i sold to a fellow from Wyoming or Colorado.

Dee 3D is short for 3 Diminsional Targets. Life sized realistic animal targets with scoring rings in the vital area. I once bought back some stolen merchandise when I had my business. Someone ran in and grabbed 4 very expensive special order tires off the showroom floor. I put the word out and got them back for a price.

This type of theft is not as traumatic as being held up by a thug poking me with a sawed off shotgun back in the seventies but it still sucks!

Rick

Rick,

I hope that it finds it's way back home. I am also a avaid arher, so I can feel your pain. Ironic part is, solid evidence as to the perps lack of survival instinct (steal a weapon), one would think that the owner knows how to use it. And most likely has more.

Zeeeeeech some folks kids.

Roy

Rick,

Sorry to here about this. I have a friend that is really into bow hunting, don't know if he does nay competitions tho. He has several arrows in arrows on display in the antlers of mounts at his house and business. He practices all year and only bow hunts he believes using a gun is not really a sport, (too easy). I know he would want blood if anything happened to his bow.

Maybe this thug that stole yours will go out drinking with his buddies and get stupid and try the apple on his head trip and take one thru the skull.[:D]

Steve

That really sucks, especially so close to hunting season. That hurts.

Mike, I would rather have my guitar, or custom heritage center swiped

before my Bow. A bow is like your right hand. It takes

months of setup and practice to get a bow just right.

My son is getting ready for his first bow hunting season. We

bought his bow in May and he is just getting to the point where he is

100% confident with it. He splined his first arrow last week

(hitting the back of the arrow with another one) He mounted the

two into one arrow on his bedroom wall. Now, if he can hold his

composure with a deer 20 yards away is another story.

JM

That sucks Rick, seems like there is an abundance this year of thefts, or at least attempted thefts. No Disc, ironically had his compact discs and players stolen, I had my car rifled through, Formica had his house door busted up, and now this.

Grr... and the police wonder why people take matters into their own hands. In another unrelated offence, one of my brothers had his boat broken into at the marina. Good thing they left all the electronics and the new motor, all they stole was booze and his fire extinguisher. Must have been a bunch of kids, too bad that replacing the door on the boat will cost close to $ 1000 for a custom made replacement at a cabinet shop.

Again thanks for the concern guys.

JM I went to the large image of Steve's avatar myself expecting to see an "If you can read this, you are too close" bumper sticker on the lead aircraft. Awsome photo Steve! BTw the stolen bow has a shiny anodized brown marbled riser. I have another bow I hunt with. Good luck to your boy!

The proper name for an arrow lodged in the rear of another arrow is a "Robin Hood". I hate it when that happens to my $12 arrows.

Michael, I had the crappy original seats stolen off my boat one spring. I guess the thief was getting his boat ready for the water.Grrr!

Cleve, I retook up archery about ten years ago just to partake in 3D shoots. It looked like a lot of fun and it is.I hunt and do some paper shoots too, mainly to have something to do on a winter night. I find it boring shooting a wall, and the seriousness of some of the competitors! No one laughing and joking like on a 3D range. I shot my first RIFAA State Championship field tournament just last month. The "spot" boys think 3D'ers all cheat because although they excell at shooting at a wall or field butt, they can't hit the broad side of a barn door on an unmarked 3D course. Naturally, this old "cheating" 3D'er won the senior bowhunter division.)

Rick

Sorry for your loss... don't expect to get it back. I had my GT mountainbike stolen out of my garage when I lived in an Apt. ...that was a $2800 loss itself! I kept my eye out for months, but never saw it again. Not to mention they also stole my wifes bike also. Renters insurance covered the loss, but I was kind of attached to that bike & never was able to get another :(