Poll: Where do you crossover your sub?

Erukian

100Hz for me. I feel my SVS PB2+ is more capable of delivering upper-frequency bass than the RF-7's can. And setting the crossover to 80Hz is just too too low, and would require too much of the RF-7's.

I can hear exactly what you are talking about, time to go turn it up a couple notches......[;)]

I usually run front KHorns as large and rarely small/40 Hz. The

surround La Scala at 60 Hz and the center heresy at 80 Hz. What

should I answer then?

I actually run my horns as large and heresy's as small/80Hz as well...

so i went for 80Hz. Many preamps (mine included) do continue to

send a signal to the sub in 2.1 even if the mains are set to large.

I run my RB-35s as small & cross over @ 80Hz...

my biggest bass related problem seems to be the my windows, which get to rattling & buzzing far to easy. All this from an old Klipsch SW-10.

I guess my next Big $$$ mod will have to be new double pane Anderson Fibrex, LOL

BTW,

100Hz for me. I feel my SVS PB2+ is more capable of delivering upper-frequency bass than the RF-7's can. And setting the crossover to 80Hz is just too too low, and would require too much of the RF-7's.

Trade them for bookshelf speakers then! [6]

[;)]

I'll be willing to swap my RB-35s plus shipping cost both ways . . .

This mean very little,each system is a little bit unique due to room acoustics and there is no such thing as an ideal crossover point.With very large mains in a largers room and a big sub,the crossover should be no higher than 40Hz ,this was there is NO way in hell anyone will know where the deepest bass comes from.

With mid-sized mains 60-80Hz should be fine.And very small sats a crossover of 80Hz or more is someimes a must.

My main system is crossed over at 40Hz(Dynaudio Contour 3.3 mains),my secondary Klipsch system at 60Hz(RF7's front and back). Its all about letting the mains work down and extract all the goodness without taxing them too much when demanding deep bass kicks in.

• 2 weeks later...