Klipsch Museum and Factory Pix

colterphoto1

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motorboards (duh!). I think that stack of wood in the back may be a side-job for the Goat Roper. Hey, they've gotta get some Klipsch speakers in that place!

Astute viewers might notice eight T-nuts in place in the H3 motorboards. Woofers are no longer mounted directly with wood screws. More quality measure for the new babies.

Michael

Gregg, very cool photos. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

You have a great eye for composition and detail. Did you just use ambient light with your digital camera? I don't see many signs of flash shadows. What camera was that you used and is the stitching a built in program or on your computer?

Also love your captions, great sense of humour!

Michael

Gregg did take excellent pics...thanks for the show for those of us less fortunant souls who couldn't make it (me, natch).[:(]

It looks like Greg took ambient light pictures for the majority of his shots, using a Sony CyberShot digital at ISO 120, center weighted average metering, and a li'l Photoshop manipulation here and there (damn am I good or what, and I wasn't even there)![:D]

I think you nailed it, Jim! ISO was on auto. Yes, mostly

ambient light, hand-held. Sony DSC-S75, great little camera, very

responsive. Most of the shots were wide-open at f:2.8, but

usually I don't pay attention (unless I'm playing with depth of field,

or with those time exposures with flash, etc.). The stitching was

done with Photoshop Elements, called "Photomerge." I barely know

anything about using PS, it should be known. Seat of the pants,

etc.

Nice try, but how on earth do you take handheld photos with ISO 120 in a interior of a factory. Maybe 1600 speed or with a tripod? My guess is ambient light at 800 asa.

Michael

Michael, I cheated by looking at several of Gregg's pics and observing each one's properties (clicking on the advanced key gives you all the info on that particular picture you'd ever want, including aperature and shutter speeds, et al). But his ISO hoovered between 100 and 120 from the pics I observed. Guess ambient light must've been great in that room. That, or Sony really makes one helluva digital camera!

That's so wild. Even with my best Nikkor lenses at 2.8 or faster, I swear a normal light meter wouldn't have allowed for stable images at 120 iso. Gregg, any idea what shutter speed the camera was using with those settings? As rock solid as the photos are, looks like 1/30 or faster or there is some kind of image stabilization device in that camera.

There is something about digital camera that allows them to pick up an enormous amount of ambient light regardless of the camera settings. IE, the numbers don't correlate to the world of film cameras. There seems to be some extra sensitivity in them.

I'm in, I'm buying one... Just need to figure out which one. Canon 20D perhaps....

Michael

My brother had the 10D with a 50mm f/1.8 and a high-end Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 zoom (recently sold his entire Canon rig for a huge SVS subwoofer). That digital SLR rocked with both the expensive Tamron and the Canon 50mm...razor sharp images without the digital blur (or shadowing) you find on point 'n' shoot digital pics. The 20D is twice as nice for a pro SLR; I think it's images will blow away anything from Nikon or Olympus.

Go for it, man![H]