What do you drive and what would it be if price was no object?

Cal Blacksmith

I commute in a 01 Neon in my day job. 65 miles each way and I get about

29 mpg with it. My blacksmith truck is a 94 Dodge 1/2 ton that gets

about 17 mpg. It cost $80 yesterday to fill the tank OUCH!

If money was no object EVER, I would drive a new Hemi P/U and to heck

with the gas! The other car I would have is a 68 to 70 Hemi Charger. I

have loved those cars since I was knee high to an elephant.

Drive most utilitarian vehicle there is: compact Mazda pick- up 138K on it (averaging $300 per year in maintenance)

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Would have: yellow Hummer, red Viper, purple Prowler, pink 57 Cadillac, creamy Cord, black Lexus 430, cruiser motorcycle, 4-wheeler, snowmobile, wave runner, underwater scooter, large sailing cat, wind surfing kite, fast runabout, helicopter, corporate jet[:P]

98 Dodge Ram PU about 800 miles a week. Yeah, my gas bill eats me up but I have a hard time gettting rid of a vehicle that is 1)paid for and 2)runs like a scalded dawg! Approaching 130k miles and it runs better than new.

Money no object:

The '06 BMW M3 with the V8 looks tasty. Anything GM modified by Lingenfelter (RIP) would be hot (say a '98 Impala SS!). SpaceshipOne would be a fun ride too.

I have a 1994 Chev S-10 ext cab 4 WD Vortec CPI pu that I bought new and currently has 73,000 miles on it. I have a 1999 Maxima in the garage that rolled over 19,000 miles yesterday. If price were no object I'd keep my cars, charter a small jet fly out and pick up fini and m00n and use the money to drink beer and raise hell in Hawaii until the money ran out. Cars wear out. Memories last.

Keith

If money were no object, i'd be building me a toy to drive day in day out. ( at least in the summer) I found a minty '81 olds cutlass 2 door when I was in Toronto, On for trade school, the car was originally from FL.

The old guy I rented a room off of had it in his garage, the paint is showroom quality, the tires are original, it has 7,543 MILES on the odometer! It was owned by his mother, made two trips to ontario, then she died and he acquired it.

Heck, the exhaust is original, it looks like it was put on last week!

A car like that is just begging for an aluminum headed 455 olds with a procharger under the stock hood, with a built 200r4 overdrive and a 3.55 gear. ( gotta throw out that lame 7.5 diff though ) Possibly a 9" ford drop in housing from Moser would be the best bet.

I would even be able to rid the car of the factory rear 9" drums with the terrible wheel cylinders retained by a clip. What was GM thinking? [:'(]

Headers with a full 3" exhaust with x-pipe, and a F.A.S.T fuel injection setup on a modified Mondello intake. Ross custom pistons swinging from Oliver rods would replace the stockers. Factory based crankshaft would be plenty strong, just need to resize the journals. A 460 ford rubber rear main seal would have to replace the stock rope seal. Why GM, why? [:'(]

Paint would have to be something close to a stock color, maybe one of the RM Carrizma colours ( similar to a Kandy ), in a dark red metallic, sporting subtle pearl flames. Door handles & locks would have to go, they are ugly as sin. [:D]

As for rolling stock, i'd call up Stockton Wheel or Wheel Vintiques, and order a set of the stock style steel GM rallye wheels in 17" diameter, shod in Pirelli rubber.

Of course, I would also have to order up a set of the Edelbrock / Hotchkiss conversion upper control arm kits and bolt on the taller B-body spindle. Baer would be the choice for a braking system to put the squeeze on speed. Braided stainless flex hoses will firm up the pedal feel, as well.

A higher ratio steering box out of a camaro would have to replace the slow stock unit. Polyurethane bushings would be a must to replace all the soggy, mushy factory bushings. Up front, an 1 1/4" diameter antiswaybar out of a diesel model ( yes, they did make a cutlass diesel ! ), and a rear 3/4" bar will help keep body roll to a minimum.

Rear lower control arms flex too much, they need to be replaced with fabricated box tube units that are greasable. Upper control arms are non-adjustable fixed units from the factory, an adjustable unit here will change the instant center of the suspension, giving better bite.

The interior would definately have to go, seats are hella ugly and too soft, offering zero support. A set of Kirkey fabricated alumium seats upholstered and mounted to the factory tracks should oughta look mean.

Factory dash? No way, jose! Hell-a gay. Lose the entire instrument cluster, and replace with Autometer Phantom gauges. Just the basics, 5" electronic speedo, 5" tach, 2 5/8" oil pressure, water temp, and fuel gauge. Oh, and their 2 1/16" air/fuel ratio gauge, works with a standard oxygen sensor, just weld a bung into the collector on each header, and a SPDT switch to toggle between banks.

Current Driver: 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Money No Object: Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT , Twin Turbo V-10, It would have to be the Metallic Orange, or Sunset Orange, that would be summer, winter would be an BMW M5 Sedan, or one of the 7 Series

P.S. Somebody wouldnt be alive if they wrecked my Enzo.

Currently drive a 2003 Subaru WRX. Fun in all kinds of weather, and cheap insurance for a high performance car.

If price were no object... Probably an a/c Cobra 427.

Really the ultimate no-frills, bad *** sports car. Huge power,

light weight, convertable, and just looks plain cool. For the

newer cars probably a Viper for the same reasons. Although the

Mercedes SLKs are pretty sweet too and the new 911 Turbo.

If I had massive fundage I'd be one of those crazy bastards with like

40 cars. Not all expensive either. Like the classic

Cherokees, Eagle Talon Tsi, VW Schirocco and Thing.

• Like 1