Poll: XM vs Sirius

hooting_monkey

Sirius all the way, they have personalities on each channel, and also interviews with artists. Also, the lifetime subscription for me was a huge selling point. I love to listen to Octane, Buzzsaw, Hard Attack, Big 80's, and Hot Jamz.

One of the biggest reasons I purchased one, is the fact that I don't have access to a lot of radio channels. ( due to population density and terrain ) I know that already it is leading to the purchase of more music.

Sirius, hands down. Othern than the sports programming, Like NBA, and NFL. I am all for Sirius. They are the only private company in the NASA hall of fame, becuase they built and engineered their own satellites. They dont use cellular repeaters for their signal. and most inportantly XM is owned by Delphi, who is owned by GM!!! They are too big and too slow with their programming. And GM will be the death to us all. If you havent notice, VW, Porsche, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Land Rover, Volvo,Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW all do Sirius. GO WITH THE BIG DOG!

Actually the CEO for XM was on CNBS this morning and when asked that question he said they would not buy Sirius because he feels they will win the subscriber battle due to "superior programming", lets analyze this..They have NHL and MLB for sports. Sirius has 75% of College Football, 75% of College Basketball as well as the NCAA tournament- ALL GAMES, NFL, NBA. Sirius has more live events in their studios and sign big name acts..

XM also has Football and Basketball for the ACC, Pac 10 and Big 10 Conferences which is a large percentage of the college football fanbase. Sirius does not have 75% of college football and basketball. The cover somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 teams, some of which are the likes of Harvard, Cornell, and Western Kentucky.

Really its a matter of personal preference and I prefer XM.

"

I just hope you don;t have any XM stock, because Sirius has been spanking it..."

XM has twice as many subscribers at the moment. Xm also had 64% of the retail market for satellite radios in July.

Todays Sirius stock price is 6.53 $ currently.XM's stock price is 35.55 $ currently.

Yeah...you must have a very strange definition of "spanking it". But I guess a 7 X stock price is because XM sucks so much.

Side Note:

I know that stock price does not in any way reflect which station has better programming, etc. I just thought it was amusing that the above post seems so far off base in reference of stock prices and market share.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally have XM, primarily (at least at the time I got it), it had

a better selection of music. The sports and talk radio aspect of

it if did not interest me as I was not interested in any of that.

I was interested in the music aspect of it. At least, in recent

times, it seems XM is putting on a lot more live programming - maybe in

response to Sirius.

I also agree - it comes down to a matter of personal preference.

The same type of argument has been going on for the past several years

regarding satellite TV services (Namely DirecTV vs

Echostar/DISH). I honostly don't think you'd go wrong with

either, and it may very well come down to where you interests are in

listening preferences. For the time being, I am sticking with my

XM.

I just hope you don;t have any XM stock, because Sirius has been spanking it...Maybe because GM can't do anything right. And if you add the games which include a 10 year exclusive deal for every March Madness Game, if you add them up, as well as the NCAA tournament. DOWN WITH GM/HUGHES/XM!!!

You can't play the market with your heart, other wise you will end up a cranky old poor man. If you mean Sirus has been speanding its money masterbating then perhaps your correct, but I don't think Sirius stands a chance againts XM.