Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!, Get Your NOS NIB MC30 HERE!!

Gilbert

Dammit. Not a good time to be low on disposable cash.

Oh well......that minty pair and my fuller wallet will cross paths - someday.

Dave, your little Humming Bird is pointing at those Belles. I think he said you wanted to sell them too me.[:)][:D]

Hehehehe.......not too likely, Gilbert. You see, it's not just me who stands in the way - it's my wife[:D] She'll not part with those.......besides, if not for the Belles, I wouldn't be playing with the tubes in the first place[;)] I have yet to sell a Klipsch (or a Mac for that matter) that I didn't regret....the OO Corns included - and my original MX110 (would have made for a good lifetime backup, too).

And it's not like I have to do without....just looking to score lifetime keepers and have my current pair of 30's as backups. They are a "mismatched" pair cosmetically, and while in good, presentable condition, I would like to find a "keeper" showoff pair for the 2 channel system. That way, if I need trannies or other parts 20 years from now, I'll have them........and I'll sleep better at night.

Gilbert, did you get an opportunity to stop into your area tube buddy's shop. I am going to certainly be interested in a single MC-30 for center channel duty. I'll know more when my MC-30's arrive on Wednesday. I hope to be impressed, if not I will give forum members first shot at purchasing them.

I hear ya Dave, the OO Corns are beautiful. My wife loves them every bit as much as I do. And I know she's gonna love a pair of Belles. My wife's an at-home mom and listens to music for a large part of the day. If fact, she's still not too keen on learning to use the computer, but she sure as helll learn how to operate the tube gear.

DAMM CB, sound like your already getting prepared to sell those things. I can't imagine anyone with not being impressed by the musical quality inherent with a good tube system. You scored a hell of deal with those 30's, count your lucky stars, because POP could of made a killing if all he wanted was money, money, money. He even gave you quality tubes too.... Definitely a good man, POP, your welcome at my house any day any time.

As for David, I didn't make it to his shop this weekend because we had rain, hard rain, all day Saturday (he's only open in the mornings on Satruday). I will check with him though. And let me know if your

Oh no Gilbert, they are not going anywhere! Trust me, this has been a dream of mine for quite sometime and it is finally coming together. So much so that is why I am already looking for a third MC-30, and I am going to sell off one of my prized DBX BX1 Reference amps and running an all tubed front stage. I would even take an MC-40 or MC-60 I am watching a few on eBay to see where they go.

The seller was not POP it was Craig "Born2rockU" and I am more than appreciative to him for giving me this opportunity. I can't wait until Wednesday!

Just let me know when you get a chance to chat with him. I am going to start hitting the local Ham Fest's to search for backup tubes for my gear.

Thanks in advance for your help Bro!

Sure had a few bids at the end, Joe you got sniped.

Been a long time since I have seen one with all the octal plugs and an original RCA still in place.

Terry, I gave it a good shot! I knew they would go high, but was hoping that the seller would stick with a 'US Only' auction, which he didn't. The winner seems to be buying up a lot of McIntosh gear lately..! Just got my fourth MC40 and will be putting together a good pair and getting them to you for a check-up and upgrades shortly. Did Tom's pair of 40s find a good home??

Frzinvt, congratulations on those nice looking 30s!! I pondered too long on getting them! Born2RockU said you committed to them less than an hour after I asked about them. I'm glad they are going to a good home..[:D]

Oh no Gilbert, they are not going anywhere! Trust me, this has been a dream of mine for quite sometime and it is finally coming together. So much so that is why I am already looking for a third MC-30, and I am going to sell off one of my prized DBX BX1 Reference amps and running an all tubed front stage. I would even take an MC-40 or MC-60 I am watching a few on eBay to see where they go.

The seller was not POP it was Craig "Born2rockU" and I am more than appreciative to him for giving me this opportunity. I can't wait until Wednesday!

Just let me know when you get a chance to chat with him. I am going to start hitting the local Ham Fest's to search for backup tubes for my gear.

Thanks in advance for your help Bro!

My bad, I knew it was Born2 (Houston Boy)....I was just typing faster than I could think this morning. Born2, you too are welcome to my house anyday [:D]. I was probably still thinking about academy xovers, and mentioned Pop.

It's just that you blew me away when you stated that you'd sell them if you weren't impressed with the sound. Which you will be, unless your ears a shot. Don't know if mixing MC30's and 60's (or 40's possibly) is a good idea. Different animals you know, same but definitely different filtering, as well as power are rectifier compliments. Probably be smarter to stick with MC30's, unless there's a specific reason for mixing.

The ham radio boys are a good source for most of the tubes. There's a fellow in OKC that eagerly helped me out, quite alot. Gary, Alan, Dave, Craig O. and a few others also gave me excellent tube advice.

See Ya,