Shanling IS HERE

crazytubepower

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahahahahah, very funny, well its good to hear I can let her rip. I gave about 5min before I played any music. I will be listening to it for a while before I make any conclutions, but I just turned her up to -21.5db and it was loud, and not fatiging at all. I am sure it gets louded but I don't think I want to go there

hahahahahah, very funny, well its good to hear I can let her rip. I gave about 5min before I played any music. I will be listening to it for a while before I make any conclutions, but I just turned her up to -21.5db and it was loud, and not fatiging at all. I am sure it gets louded but I don't think I want to go there

I'm not kidding on the few weeks thing. Very often people will be very taken by a piece of gear but soon find its not all that and be ready for something new. I myself like to listen too something for at least 2 weeks before I pass any tried and true judgement. I learned this lesson the hard way having to eat crow later. If you want to final test listen for 2 weeks then quickly switch back to whatever you were listening to previously. The mind can play dirty tricks on you.

Craig

wow, you are right it does look like it, bad lighting. One of the blubs when out on a lamp, so I cannot take good pics till I get a new one, or if the sun somes out tommarow, it is a beauty with the lights off. Oh yeah, and the output tubes are not the cheap chinnese ones that it comes with, they are mullard modeled electro harmonix el34's. Had to buy those with the amp, and take the chinnese ones (badly matched to boot) in the trash

Will do craig, I was planning to listen for a week, switch back to teac, compair, then hook it up again, listen for another week, then write a full review for everyone's viewing pleasure. I must say the thing is unbelivably heavy, I almost pulled my back getting it out of the box, no joke. The build quility goes far beyond what anyone would expect from china. Just goes to show you the beauty of capitalism and don't judge a book by its cover. Anyway, I am really excited right now. A very happpy moment, as I have spent my own money buying this, and it was a fair amount of money to spend. Now for speakers!

Don't judge a book by its cover is my entire point. All tube amps are extremely heavy by the way. Transformer have a way of doing that.

Craig

Craig, I love ya, but, My Berning ZH270 is tube 70 watts per channel, and weighs 12 lbs[:P][;)][:D]

Yea some strange Hi-Bred tube amp without transformer can only weigh 12 pounds. Not the type of tube amp were talking about here.

Craig

Shanling tube amps look gorgeous,my local Klipsch dealer carries the line as well as the JAS tube amps distributed by Charisma Audio.

Yes tube amps unless they are output transformerless or a oddity of nature like the Bering amps are very heavy,quality output transformers are heavy.

Nice CTP!!!guitar

When I was your age, I thought I was the cat's meow 'cause I had a transistor radio!-) For records we used old juke box amps and speakers. Junky big old tube things they were. When they broke we tossed them and salvaged another.

Edit: I've got to clarify that. My older brother was the keeper of the amps. I got to listen.

Today, I just wish I had the tubes we popped with our BB guns never mind the 2A3 and 6L6 amps.

Rick

Way to go, CTP. Glad you're finally enjoying that "Magical" tube sound. Shanling, like Antique Sound Labs, are your better quality Chinese manufacturers, and should hopefully provide you with many years of sonic enjoyment!