Shanling IS HERE

crazytubepower

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only thing that now bugs me is I cannot leave my amp on 24/7, well at least I don't think its good for the life of the tubes. I could be wrong, as I have been before.

Just turn them on when your day begins and off at night before you dose off its better to do the on/off cycle especially with a SS rectified units once a day. If you going to be gone at school all day don't turn them on until you get home. Another great safety trick for malfunctioning disaster is to buy numerous values of fuses for the amp below the factory rating keep lowering the value until you experience a fuse blow while listening to music (not when you turn the amp on) then use the fuse value just above it. Most manufacturers use fuses rated higher then necessary to insure they don't blow I myself prefer to use just enough fuse for the amp to run under normal conditions. I'd rather replace a fuse then a tube, transformer or some other component.

Craig

"Berning ZH270 is tube 70 watts per channel, and weighs 12 lbs"

Wow!!!

My tube amp is also 70 wpc. It weighs slightly more than that.

In fact the separate power supply weighs 14 kilograms (2.2 lbs to the kilo - er....31 lbs give or take).

At 12 lbs you are in the digital amp sizing category IME.

Congrats on the new amp. It sure is a pretty one, a real looker. A

resized photo would have been nice for us dial up types but it loaded

eventually.

Give it some time for your ears and the amp to settle in together.

There is no reason to leave it on 24/7 As NOS said, just turn it on

when you want to listen to it and turn it off at the end of the day. I

would keep the original tubes and try them later just to see if there

is much of a difference. It never hurts to have a back up set to use

while shopping for replacements.

Nice looking amp.

Also remember that it takes awhile for it to warm up.

I will turn my amps on Saturday morning and they really start sounding good by the afternoon.

If I know I am going to be listening to music Friday night I power my system up Thursday night when I get home from work.

This also lets me listen Friday morning to music while I am drinking coffee.

Danny

Mr Blacksmith I usually agree with you, but this time I have to disagree.

On MY system it takes a couple hours before my system "zones" in.

It just seems to my ears that the Hi's get crisper and more open sounding. the Mids warm up and the bass drops down to where it suppose to be. If I just power it up and put a Cd in, there are no Hi's to write home about. It's just Bass all over the room.

Don't get me wrong it still sounds good after a CD or two, but it just sounds better after a couple hours of warm up.

Danny

Guys - is it REALLY warm-up time - or just the time of day (or night) that you listen seriously?

The power grid quiets down later at night when people go to bed, etc.

I mention this because the tubes, transformers, etc., are all up to nominal operating temperature after just a couple of minutes. It doesn't make sense to me that the gear needs to warm-up that long to reach its optimum properties.

Just something to think about...

BTW, that is a beautiful looking piece of gear.

DM

The only thing that now bugs me is I cannot leave my amp on 24/7, well at least I don't think its good for the life of the tubes. I could be wrong, as I have been before.

Just turn them on when your day begins and off at night before you dose off its better to do the on/off cycle especially with a SS rectified units once a day. If you going to be gone at school all day don't turn them on until you get home. Another great safety trick for malfunctioning disaster is to buy numerous values of fuses for the amp below the factory rating keep lowering the value until you experience a fuse blow while listening to music (not when you turn the amp on) then use the fuse value just above it. Most manufacturers use fuses rated higher then necessary to insure they don't blow I myself prefer to use just enough fuse for the amp to run under normal conditions. I'd rather replace a fuse then a tube, transformer or some other component.

Craig

Sounds like some good advice......Thanks.

I agree, my system starts to sound good after about half hour, an hour later balanced and open is the best to discribe what I exhibit. Maybe its a equipment issue or maybe the protons flow better after an hour....NOT!

Tom

Geezzz Tom tell the truth by the time a hour has past so has a couple beers[;)]

Craig