proud of your Klipsch speakers?

travisc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WIlly, I just hope the footies on the Big Screen are directly over your Belle. Otherwise you're asking an awful lot of that sheet of glass, even if it's tempered.

But Tres Cool look!

Michael

Michael , that glass shelf is temporary until I can have a proper one made . But it is 3/8th's tempered , and made for the 61" DLP stand . My TV is the 50" version , I had to buy the larger stand to accomadate my gear . What I am envisioning is an audio rack on each side of the Belle with a glass top going across for the TV . ( The single Belle purchase has opened up a world of possibilities ) Willy P.

How's it sound Willy? As I said before, I never even had a chance to hear it!!!

Gary , I think it sounds great ! Allthough I'm sure it will sound better with a new network . My HT ROCKS ! But on the downside , I am using my Acurus 100x3 amp for the 3 Belles . Very good balance across the front as you would imagine . But my 2 channel took a big hit ! The Quad 606 is a much better main amp , it truely makes the Acurus look PATHETIC . On the plus side , my rear Heresy surrounds are now incredibly strong ! I have gone from a plus+ 4db setting when the rears were powered by the Acurus to a minus- 6db setting using the Quad . There is only a 40 watt differance in rated power between the amps , but the quality of the Quad makes the Acurus seem very pedestrian . I don't think the Acurus has very much time left in my system ... Willy P. ps I can't say enough how much I appreciate you parting with her ! Thanks Gary !

WIlly, you might check out the Bell-O line of racks and big screen tables They probably have a setup that's right for you. I have one and love the cable channeling in the back. Three separate channels keep A/C/line/speakers cables separated and neat.

That looks very cool with three Belles acros the front. I don't believe I've ever seen a setup like your. Congrats on pulling a good plan together.

Michael

How's it sound Willy? As I said before, I never even had a chance to hear it!!!

Gary , I think it sounds great ! Allthough I'm sure it will sound better with a new network . My HT ROCKS ! But on the downside , I am using my Acurus 100x3 amp for the 3 Belles . Very good balance across the front as you would imagine . But my 2 channel took a big hit ! The Quad 606 is a much better main amp , it truely makes the Acurus look PATHETIC . On the plus side , my rear Heresy surrounds are now incredibly strong ! I have gone from a plus+ 4db setting when the rears were powered by the Acurus to a minus- 6db setting using the Quad . There is only a 40 watt differance in rated power between the amps , but the quality of the Quad makes the Acurus seem very pedestrian . I don't think the Acurus has very much time left in my system ... Willy P. ps I can't say enough how much I appreciate you parting with her ! Thanks Gary !

Willie,

I've got a Carver AV 806x you can try. 6 x 133 or 3 x 360. Very warm, some say tubelike. You can try it if you want. The 133 watts drove my legends great until I upgraded to the 200.7. This amp sounds very similar to the B & K, I can't hardly tell the difference, NS

Hey Billy , I'd love to try the amp out . There was one that I was following on ebay . It sold for $565.00 yesterday . I didn't bid on it but I was very interested . Willy P.

I saw that one too. Mine is pristine and has the rack handles. I will let you try it out and if you like it I'll take 5 bones for it. Thats a steal and will allow me to buy a modest AV reciever for the wife's soap opra set up. I have been considering getting an older processor like a Ref 20 or 30 for the set up but can't find one cheap enough. I'm broke as hell. This will fill both our needs if you end up liking it which i think you will. I even have the original manual. I have a company function to go to on friday evening off Dorchester road. I'll be in town early going over a job with a manager down there. Let me know if you wanna try to do it then.

Billy