1130 Miles in 21 Hours Solo ...

sunburnwilly

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willy, Willy, WILLY!!........dude wake up!

Hey guys.....I think Willy is out. I wouldn't count on any responses for the next two days. [:)]

And when you do read this Willy......Had you done that trip on a motorcycle, you could've become a member of this organization:

http://www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm

Of course, carrying that Belle back with you might have been a bit difficult. [:)]

Anywho......nice piece you picked up. Hope Laura & I can hook up with you again some time. I'd love to hear your setup.

Tom

Yeah , I can't wait ! Got the Belle in the house and set up with the DLP on top of it , looks great allthough I haven't hooked it up yet . I'm going to re wire my set up today . Will let you know what I think . Really enjoyed meeting Gary and Catherine . Gary has 2 great set ups . Upstairs he's got the most beautiful original Zebra Wood Cornwalls I have ever seen . " I love that veneer " And with the Scott they sound great ! We spent most of the time downstairs with his KHorns and most impressive vinyl rig and collection . Even though his KHorns are not optimaly set up because of the room configuration , you can still get that walls falling away sensation when your in "The Spot " , great stuff . I tried to post some of the details of my impression of his set up , and a couple of set backs from the trip up and back , but my computer is on the fritz [:@]. " I'm posting from the library " I'll let yall in on some of the details when I get my PC sorted out . Average speed of my trip might have to be rethought .

• 3 weeks later...

On the road again , going to Tallahasse in a rented cargo van ... Sorry couldn't think of any more parody lyrics . [:(] Going down to Tallahasse Fla. to meet Iwillwalk " Steve " , and pick up a pair of Oak Belles . Only 900+ miles round trip this time , but I am anticipating the drive to be Hell . Cargo Van = No CD player and No Cruise Control . I'm flashing back to early 1990 when I drove my '66 Charger from Phx. AZ to Chas. SC . Allthough the Charger at the time had no speedometer and no gasgauge . ( Pulled over every 2 hours for gas , but suprisingly the freshly built 440 with a 750 Vac. Sec. Holly , averaged 12 MPG ) This trip should be much easier . Wish me luck , I'll be leaving in about 2 hours . Willy P. [au]

Willy, you're becoming a regular at this road trip thing. I think I might get lucky with my LSI's in Mississippi. A buddy is flying down to Houston to pick up another friends truck next week. I checked it out on Mapquest, in an 1150 mile trip, he's driving within 30 miles of DTEL's place where the LS are being kept. It'll be nice to have them home and it won't cost me an hour of driving. I love a good plan.

Have a good trip Willy- keep the big truck between the ditches and the little truck in your britches! LOL Couldn't you get anything better than cargo van? Make sure to take a small pillow for lumbar support. Coming home from Miami with my 63 Corns my back was killing me from the poor seat. Got Discman or ipod for music?

Be safe bro.

Michael

Michael

Thanks Michael , I don't have a fancy I Pod or Discman , I do have AM/FM and a long drive thru GA with alot of crappy radio stations . Will probably stick to NPR until I hit Fla. . On the plus side I will soon be serving up a 5.1 Belle system , so I have that to look forward to . Thanks for your well wishes , Willy P. ps The sweet tea is starting to take effect , Ready To Roll !!!

thats a heck of a road trip. i would say it was worth it to get the belle home safely. i was just in your neighborhood last week. visited my wifes folks who live in beaufort sc.. its 970 miles from my driveway (warsaw n.y.) to theirs. i use to drive it non stop but my wife cant handle that many hours any more. we took a day trip to visit my brother in law who lives off ashely phosphate blvd in north charleston. he owns charleston automotive and specializes in jaguar. glad you got home safely.

Here are my new girls . Serial#'s 8544923 and 4 . I'll take some better pics tomorrow . I made the mistake of stoping by the local Ruby Tuesdays for a take out steak dinner to celebrate . It was not so good , and boy do I feel like crap . The round trip was only 800 miles not 900 . It seemed like alot more in that spartan cargo van I rented . " Thanks Michael , that little pillow for the seat made it much more bearable " . Anyway let me just say that I am very thankfull to Iwillwalk " Steve" for all his help ! He could have purchased these speakers for cheap ( $850. ) and turned a tidy profit . Instead he chose to help me out . Many Thanks Steve !!!

post-18289-13819276158866_thumb.jpg

First off, congrats, they look beautiful!!!

Sorry to hijack your thread.. COLTERPHOTO1 did I read that you are getting MORE split La Scalas?? Hehehheehe. Your insane... and my hero if you are.. Are you thinking 7 of them for a La Scala HT?

Get over here and hear the new HT with 7 of them.... OMG..

Ok back to the previous thread discussion..

Tell us your set up and how your going to use them. Great price, great road story too. You will cherrish them forever I am sure!!

I believe that qualifies for the Loudest Klipsch car stereo to date! So you didn't take the top hats off? Big back, eh Willy! Glad you had a good trip, now get help bringing them in the house before you ding em up or hurt yourself.

Yeah Indy, I did a BIN on another pair of glass/aluminum trip models near New Orleans (not the underwater Klipsch you hear so much about). But a friend is picking up a fan near there so I can get em without any road trip. The Klipsch Gods are truly smiling this week. Must be the Euro show.

Michael