Where In The World Is PWK's Heritage?

jdm56

I know, I know. This is an old worn out question, but it's been a while and someone has to ask it, so...What is the status on the heritage speakers? Is there a production or availability date yet? How about pricing?

I've looked for a single oak/oil belle klipsch since early Spring to no avail.

Moderators -- How 'bout it? Horns for Christmas?

------------------

JDMcCall

Cure? Probably near total hearing loss would be the only "cure" for me. No matter what I've done with my various systems over the years, satisfaction seems to be only a temporary state. I guess that's just part of the game. Not so bad a deal, I guess, as long as I can afford to scratch the itch occasionaly. At least it keeps me home at night!

------------------

JDMcCall

Better yet, when is Klipsch going to dump this philosophy of building a cheap line of speakers for the Best Buys of the world, and get back into serious Heritage type speaker design?

No need to respond. I already know the answer.

------------------

Denon AVR-2700

Denon DCD1500-II

Audio Control Octave

Phillips CDR-765

Nakamichi BX-100

Sony PS-LX3

Rotel RB-991

Klipsch Heresy (1981)

Klipsch RP-3

B&W602

MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire

Computer system:

NAD 7130

Realistic Optimus Pro-7s (its only a computer system)

Klipsch KSW-10

Deang

You asked about the RP-3s. Certainly every bit as good as any other speaker in the Reference series (and in my opinion, better than any of the Reference series that is available right now)

Here is a list of my speakers with a comparison :

Heresys = Slam, with good, fairly clean highs. The horns sometimes seem to smooth over some of the detail that I think the drivers are reproducing (I can hear it, but it isn't as pronounced as it is with other products). Sound fills the room and vibrates my body well.

Rp-3s = Midrange and treble is somewhat refined from the Heresy, offers a little more detail in the midrange, not as much in the treble. MUCH better bass (the bass slam that the Heresy's are missing).

B&W 602s - Highly refined Treble and midrange w/fine bass (for a small speaker). Much more precise sound than any Klipsch product, but doesn't have the wide soundstage and in-room presence of the Klipsch products.

Oh yeah..Realistic Optimus Pro-7s..<chuckle> well they do offer incredible bass for such a tiny speaker. Let's not talk about accuracy, refinement, or slam here though. Just cheap when I needed a fair but cheap speaker.

BTW - I don't have room right now for any other model in the Heritage line. Perhaps the next residence will have a dedicated music room for the stereo. A pair of Belle Klipsch would be high on my wish list if I had the proper room for it.

This message has been edited by cc1091 on 10-12-2001 at 07:55 PM

• 1 month later...

Seriously thinking about cancelling my Klipschorn order I placed in June. Seeing $3000usd sitting as a deposit is NO FUN, especially not knowing when Klipsch will start production.

IMHO it's bad business. I fly back to Canada in March 2002 and if Klipsch hasn't started on my order. MARK MY WORDS - I WILL cancel my order.

Will look to buy a pair JBL 2226 and 2426 pro drivers and build myself a pair of Seven Pi's http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/pi/bbs.html

Best of all.. they will cost less than half the price of a new pair of Klipschorns and will most likely blow them away in sound quality.

------------------

Pareto Efficiency PREVAILS ALL!

"Will look to buy a pair JBL 2226 and 2426 pro drivers and build myself a pair of Seven Pi's " Putting a woofer in a vented box and facing it into a corner does not make it a horn in any way, shape, or form.Take any existing speaker design and do this.You will quickly see what I mean.The 2226 in a good sized vented box is 3dB down at 40hz.The 25hz and 18Khz are the 10dB down points.The power response of the 2426 compression driver rolls off at 6dB/oct above 3.3Khz, ie it is about 12dB down at 12.8Khz with respect to the level at 2Khz.Because of the increasing directivity (beaming) of the 2370 horn at high frequency it is only 6dB down at 16Khz.

James,

As per my discussion with our Western Canada Distributor on Thursday(still harrassing him about banners, coffee cups, etc), I met him at our local Dealership, and apparently "nothing" has been solidly done. The only Heritage in production is the Heresy II"s(got mine last Friday after several months of waiting), nothing else is in production yet.

about what I know and have heard.

I gotta think that if the company was serious about bringing the Heritages back they'd have done so by now. All we're talking about here is a new vendor for the mid and treble drivers and a crossover. Gallante, a small company that made a speaker using the Altec 604 driver was caught short when the 604 went out of production. It didn't take very long before they were back with a PAS driver, this is a company that has nowhere near the resources of Klipsch. In 1934 Hilliard at MGM started work on the Shearer Horn which involved designing and producing a new woofer and compression driver, several multi-cell horns and a basshorn, crossovers too, it was in theaters and won a technical Oscar by 1936, granted Hilliard had the resources of MGM. If I recall correctly Hilliard developed the VOT at Altec, again a new compression driver and woofer and a totally new basshorn, in about a year. But I think the Heritages just don't fit into The Hoosier's massmarket plans, just like the 901 no longer fits into Dr. Bose's plans. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope (pun intended) so. Well there are always the Pro Klipsches for the uncompromising horny, if I was in the market for new horns I'd be looking very closely at them. One of those double 15 rigs with the 2" driver on the BIG tractrix should sound so fine.

TBrennan,

My fear is you may be right.

My nightmare/doomsday/conspiracy theory is this:

The evil "antihorns" in upper management at Klipsch LLC are simply biding their time, waiting for PWK's ultimate demise so they can finally pull the plug forever on his "babys". This driver supply problem is just a convenient excuse to suspend production until the inevitable eventually happens.

Moderators, please jump in here and tell me I've seen too many Oliver Stone movies. Even better, give me some shred of hope for the return to production of our beloved klipschorn, belle klipsch and la scala. Dates would be nice!

------------------

JDMcCall

I agree with James's analysis. I just wasn't sure how to address the PWK issue without offending someone.

------------------

L/C/R: Klipsch Heresy II

Surround: Klipsch RS-3

Subwoofers: 2 HSU-VTF-2

Pre/Pro/Tuner: McIntosh MX-132

AMP: McIntosh MC-7205

DVD: McIntosh MVP-831

CD Transport: Pioneer PD-F908 100 Disc Changer

Turntable: Denon DP-72L

Cassette: Nakamichi BX-1

T.V. : Mitsubishi 55905

SAT/HDTV: RCA DTC-100

Surge Protector: Monster Power HTS-5000

Sorry guys. I took it over to the website section where it belongs http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000304.html

I can't blame the whole klipsch organization for my own certain case (& apparently a few other members on here).

Just that when I do business I really go out of my way to do what I say I will do.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Ok gang, we are not closing Hope,fortunately that rumor was put to rest... by the recent announcement of the renovation and addition to the facilities.

AND, K-HORNS, BELLES and LaSCALAS WILL BE BACK (I think BobG has mentioned this a few times...right?) We just have not finalized anything enough to give you a date yet (Heresy II's have not been affected and have remained in production this whole time).

Hey, I don't blame you for wondering and wondering and wondering (and speculating and complaining)..it has been longer than any of us has wanted. This Christmas?... I can tell you no on that unfortunately. We'll let you know when we get it all together...

PhilH

Why not bring the manufacturing capability in house and not rely on outside vendors?

------------------

Home Theater:

Technics SA-1040DX

Klipsch SF1 Fronts

Klipsch KSW12 Sub.

Klipsch SC1 Center

Klipsch SF1 Rears

Panasonic RV31 DVD

Audio Room:

Technics SA 404 Receiver

Klipsch 1976 La Scala's

Klipsch KG 3.5's

KSW 12 Sub

MPG,

I would guess that in the current loudspeaker market (thin is in), there just would not be enough demand for heritage speakers, for klipsch to justify the design, tooling and labor costs of "roling their own" drivers just for them. But in a perfect world...

------------------

JDMcCall

quote:

Originally posted by PhilH:

Ok gang, we are not closing Hope,fortunately that rumor was put to rest... by the recent announcement of the renovation and addition to the facilities.

AND, K-HORNS, BELLES and LaSCALAS WILL BE BACK (I think BobG has mentioned this a few times...right?) We just have not finalized anything enough to give you a date yet (Heresy II's have not been affected and have remained in production this whole time).

Hey, I don't blame you for wondering and wondering and wondering (and speculating and complaining)..it has been longer than any of us has wanted. This Christmas?... I can tell you no on that unfortunately. We'll let you know when we get it all together...

PhilH

Thanks Phil. Please excuse my resorting to desperate and possibly offensive postulating; I was trying to provoke some kind of response. I know, I should get help. cwm31.gif

------------------

JDMcCall