Who's in Dean's .." 10% " ..???

Duke Spinner

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dean is right on the mark with the too cheap part [:o]. As for the hearing who knows. % that have it figured out...probably none...too many variables.

For myself I can say that the biggest impact I have made in improving sound in my room was through broadband absorption and diffusion products.

[:$]just joking around wit ya Deano, I know I'm usually the depressed one and don't trade jabs like you big boys do. Just feeling playful this am. Sorry, just get those unbunchable panties out and prove me wrong.

I'd like to make that list. Or anyone's.

Have at it, we want to know, just hammer it out dude.[;)]

Michael

I'd say the best thing about my system is its balance and that it resides in a room with real plaster ceiling, 3/4 pine paneling, and double pad under carpet. Beautiful acoustics and NO foam in sight.

awaiting your vote....

Michael

I guess that totally depends on the look you are after. I would not want any foam showing in my living room. But with a dedicated room I like it. To date everyone that has seen it thinks it is a plus to the room not a minus (at the very least they are being nice).

"To date everyone that has seen it thinks it is a plus to the room not a minus (at the very least they are being nice). "

Same with me. Upstairs I'd absolutely hate it, but in a dedicated room it just reinforces the look of the dedicated room. It also dramatically improved the sound of the room too.

And as far as looks go once you dim down the lights all eyes are on the 8 foot screen anyway. ;)

Shawn

Dont' get me wrong guys, I just bought a bunch of the foam for my basement HT. I was just stating the advantages of my current listening room. The wood paneling is so beautiful sounding that it needs no further control imho. I'm not against the foam or diffusion panels at all, esp for dedicated HT rooms. I just couldn't have it in my hearth room, the main room of the home.

OK, to answer the original question that this thread asks, I guess I'll go on record as the first here to say that I think I'm in Dean's 10%.

I'm sure that my hearing is very good. I've had a hearing test recently, and I'm definitely not cheap when it comes to this hobby.

Now, I may be worthless otherwise, but I'm not deaf nor cheap.[;)]

Unless you're listening to good music it doesn't actually matter what

speakers, amps, or sources you use. Approximately 98% of the people

here listen to crap music most of the time. Why be concerned with your

system if you're just going to listen to heavy metal, jazz, rap, and

that kind of stuff?

98% of the people here listen to crap music most of the time.

So, in your opinion what is something good to listen to?

Give me a hand full of "Parrot Approved" tracks. I'd be interested to know the LP/Cassette/CD/8-track or what ever version of the recorded image you consider to not be crap. I really want to hear what I have been missing. I am serious, not looking to start a multi page thread of audio-babble.