Klipsch MCM 1900? Pretty big and great looking ... on ebay

ranjith

• Moderators

Michael i went and gassed up the truck and the wife is rearranging the living room as i type this. Let me know if I can assist with the pick up of these monsters.

The only catch is wife says they have to stay here at least a week. You know so we can make sure they are warmed up before you get them. I mean you wouldn't want to be disappointed.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to rain on anybodies parade, but remember one of those little storms, that came through the Gulf Coat recently call Katrina? (pun intended).

Notice the method of payment. USPS M.O. ONLY. You have No recoarse.

I would be VERY leery of anything on eBay or anything else from the Gulf coast area for quite some time without COMPLETE research (spell that personal inspection).

Mike

• Moderators

Baton Rouge never seen much from the storm we live 1.5 hours east and the most they got was some rain.

I picked up some Lascalas for Colterphoto in Laplace a couple of weeks ago and it looked like there was no flooding there and that is just outside New Orleans to the west.

But you are correct payment upon pickup would be best .

My luck the owner lives in the lowest part of town and was the only one with water.

If they are in Baton Rouge , why are they on EBay Canada ?

Easy answer: The thread originator "ranjith" shows to live in "Oshawa". A simple Google search for Oshawa, shows it to be in Canada. You clicked on his link and looked at what he was looking at. If you take the item # and use your USA eBay you will find the item there.

Mystery solved!

Mike

Sorry PTB, didn't mean to imply, was just hoping that it wasn't the case. I've seen it happen here before. Someone places an early bid, which kills a reasonable BIN for someone else, then bidding escalates much higher than the BIN.

I really don't have the space or budget for these monsters. It was a pipe dream. So it's all you brother. Have at it. Hope you get em.

Michael

Eldon, you're an educated Klipsch guy with LSI's in your living room[;)], If I were you, I'd call the guy and at least have a talk with him, maybe saunter over there and let him blast you good one time. Just to say you heard those beasts!

I don't know the construction of the MWM bottoms, but they are still currently being manufactured as part of the Klipsch Pro Theatre lineup. We saw some on the factory floor in Hope last summer.

Michael

post-10755-13819276208466_thumb.jpg

If the wife ever complained about the size of this speaker, you could always eliminate their need for a blow dryer and instead stand them in front of those bass bins with a heart-stomping beat

perhaps if i make a camp fire in the lf section it can be used as a hair dryer

I just called this guy to ask him a couple of questions and he is VERY rude, I'm out! Cafeful!

That's strange for a guy who put's his phone number in the item description. Go figure.

Maybe he's in a bad mood because there's not much action on the auction and he set no reserve.

If I knew I was never, ever going to move again, and I had my listening room on the first floor, I would probably buy those beasts...

However, here's a good question: has anyone here every listened to these speakers? Do they sound "better" than Khorns, or do they just go louder? I certainly don't need louder.