crap w/the crowd screaming through every note.DVD 2 is the Edison

vault,you know Thomas,he did the recording on his trusty OLD

cylinder.If you are a fan its ok,if you are a diehard its a must

have.The guys know the songs the crowd wants to hear but insist on

playing songs from the WHO(I already have their dvd,thank you.)and

someone else,I forget who at the moment.I wish they just had the video

from All the Worlds a Stage,now that would be a MUST have.Rated

7/10,imo.

Based only on the concert DVD portion, if had to choose between Rush in RIO and this one, which would you buy?

This one, R30.

Excellent sound (bass shakes house and bells sparkle) and video quality is first rate.

Disc one is a live concert recorded in Germany. Disc two is an old video vault of different years and songs. If you are not a Rush fan, you will be after viewing this must have DVD. There are two versions, just the DVD or the DVD with CD.

Rated 10/10 IMO. I was not a big Rush fan until now.

I can only comment on the Frankfurt part of the dvd(1st part)....EXCELLENT.....

I have not seen the RIO dvd, but I do thank you guys and your opinions and decided to steer clear of that dvd, maybe rent it one day.

I now know why when I was 14 (44 now), hence 30 yrs later....Neil Peart was and is my idol as a growing up an inspiring young drummer(ok, throw in Peter Criss, theatrics). Several were dead, Keith Moon and of course John Bonham, classic drummers, heard but never saw Moon, except Led Zepplin in 72 and Bonham here(older brother was "babysitting" and "had" to take me)....a classic moment in rock babysitting history...[:D]

That man can beat out a beat like no other.....except, God rest his soul...Buddy Rich. That solo was Killer, and believe was with Buddy in mind towards the end and speed on the snare. There is "NO BETTER" drummer in the world....find him or her....NEIL PEART......can change a beat in a heart beat......[;)]

I'm about to continue the DVD, but took a break and wanted to add my 2 cents....1..87 CDN....AWESOME...enjoy kids.....[Y]

They received the Order of Canada....and well deserving.....move over Guess Who and Bachman Turner Overdrive....someone is Takin Care of Business......[;)]

RUSH.....

VH1's show "Hangin With" featured Rush promo'ing their R30 last weekend. They say the first DVD was shot in HiDef. I think Lifeson was commenting on how they took their time on the audio setup to make it right. I also saw Primus/Rush 10+ years ago and can say without hesitation that it was probably the best sounding show I have ever been too. I can wait to pick this DVD up.

Or maybe Santa will know I have been good this year.[:D]

VH1's show "Hangin With" featured Rush promo'ing their R30 last weekend. They say the first DVD was shot in HiDef. I think Lifeson was commenting on how they took their time on the audio setup to make it right. I also saw Primus/Rush 10+ years ago and can say without hesitation that it was probably the best sounding show I have ever been too. I can wait to pick this DVD up.

Or maybe Santa will know I have been good this year.[:D]

Can anyone VERIFY that the first DVD of the R30 package is indeed in a Hi-Def format ?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong , I like the DVD , but does anybody else find the audio to be too hot ? It is louder than anything else I've got .

I was reading over in the technical forum about compression and the link about Rush's progressive use of it.

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/files/8A133F52D0FD71AB86256C2E005DAF1C

Could R30 be the worst offender yet?!

Don't get me wrong , I like the DVD , but does anybody else find the audio to be too hot ? It is louder than anything else I've got .

I was reading over in the technical forum about compression and the link about Rush's progressive use of it.

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/files/8A133F52D0FD71AB86256C2E005DAF1C

Could R30 be the worst offender yet?!

While listening to the R30 DVD thru my ASL1003 tube amp matched with my Forte's this DVD sounds like crap.

On the other hand while listening thru my B&K Pre/Main amp matched with my Forte's this DVD sounds wonderful and dynamic.

It just depends on your sound system if the DVD sounds good or bad.