tough week to sell cornwalls.

tuned4life

ebay item#5839671919. ok, give it to me straight. am i an a$$hole for thinking these are worth 825.00 . i sent the m 77's to BEC for new diaphrams. i set the buy it now high to scare away those that dont understand what pick up only means. i was going to ship them but changed my mind. at the risk of getting banned i would rather keep the drivers for back up and use the cabinets for firewood rather than take less than 825.00.

post-18012-13819276591642_thumb.jpg

We may just be looking at a supply and demand situation. There are now five pairs of Cornwalls on eBay - three of which are from the same seller in Colorado, including a pair of vertical Cornwalls with what appears to be cane grilles.

All are within the range of $850 to $950 BIN. The vertical Cornwalls are listed as IIs with a $945 BIN price.

All I can say is what others have already said: Wait for a better time.

By the way, I found my Cornwalls locally within the past month, in about VG+ to EX- condition, and considered myself very lucky to pay $800 each pair.

Jim

I am kinda feel guilty myself. The ForteIIs in Canada sold for about $600 Canadian. Sure they are not new, but realy speakers dont really wear out. I still thought that was expensive. But where else can you get a set of superb speakers for $600 bucks? Go to any audio store and see what you can get for $600? Crap really. Silly me for thinking that C$600 was too much for a set of Fortes. Was not really in the market, cause I got good stuff already. But I felt guilty of just thinking it!

What is the issue? People not willing to pay for shipping? Not willing to buy without seeing?

I would wait a few months. The cabinets appear to be in good condition. However I agree with the above comments about holidays and heating prices.

When I got my Cornwalls (2s in oiled oak & pretty good condition) several months ago, I had been following the prices on eBay etc. Your asking price of $825 is a bit on the high end but certainly not unheard of.

Why not wait a bit.

Good Luck,

-Tom

I just checked you are 500 miles from me, I thought you were closer for some reason.

If you are still interested in getting some fully horn loaded Klipsch's I may be interested in the WL Corns w/risers as a partial trade for some WO Belle Klipsch. I need a little room back and some cash in my pocket. I have a bit over $2K into the Belle's, they have Bob C.'s convertible A/AA networks in them, all new wiring and gold plated spade lugs and are in beautiful shape with NO veneer chips.