Whats the Best movie with Tons of BASS

thxsubwoofers

I have an RW-12, I don't know if its at a bad position....., but even my Sony 12" subwoofer sounds louder. Sony is not suppose to be Louder!!! At puredigital the RW-10 subwoofer is super loud. So my RW-12 subwoofer should do the same....

Sounds like a setup issue...dunno where to begin other than asking you what you've got for mains and how you've got everything setup (speaker position would be helpful too).

hey THXsub,

thanks man that pic I posted was an older setup. I had actually moved the velodyne to the other side of the room. I moved it back this morning and its amazing how much cancelation I was getting. I got super lows again. ya know that good low stuff I'm talking about. the stuf that puts a smile on your face. Any way I got them stacked again, and it was all because of this thread

Thanks again

The Lord of the Rings Movies... if you're talking about best movies.

If you're talking about best bass, I would have to second War of the Worlds, and add The Day After Tomorrow and Flight of the Phoenix (with Dennis Quaid, not the James Stewart one)... I bought the latter just for the plane crash scene.

Off the top of my head, i would say James Bond Die Another Day. Lord of the Rings are not only the best movies but have the best sound and best picture. Did someone forget to mention Saving Private Ryan? Master and Commander, U-571, The Patriot, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc....

'We were Soldiers once, and Young' with Mel Gibson. I'd read the book, saw it on screen, bought it last week. As the latest adventure in Vietnam movies, first the sound of M16, grenade launchers, helicopters is incredibly well recorded and very well executed in surround sound. every single gunshot is precisely placed.

Then there is NAPALM. If you've ever as a kid, thrown about a half gallon of gas on a trash pile to get it started, then tossed in a match and been blown about 10 feet, you'll recognize the very distinct

WHHHHUUUUMMMPPP

That a massive amount of fuel instantly ignighted can cause. I have no idea what frequency it is, but it is DAMN LOW. I highly recommend this. Makes Private Ryan look like a Disney flick.

Michael

THX, that Velodyne weighs in at a solid 100lbs - I have two of them. Wayne said it weighs more than the RSW-15, the combination of running them together is a one, two punch right in the gut!

Got Bass! Well think 9 15" drivers in a single room in a Heritage HT 7.2 system. I don't need bass shakers to move the floors, couches and chairs.

The first train scene in Polar Express nearly tore my room apart as I scrambled for the remote, for consistent bass The Incredibles has no equal.