Anyone ever used layne audio replacement for k33 and k55?

Dan1045

Guys,

Here's a quote from their web site:

"Crossover upgrades: we can provide any parts you need to upgrade/ repair you Klipsch crossovers, or parts kits to build the new "ALK" type crossovers [at very reasonable prices]."

I had a friend inquire about this a long time ago. He also got no response from them! I asked the President of Universal Transformer Co who makes the 3619 autoformer I use if he knew about them. He checked and found that they have order a grand total ot 2 (TWO) transformers from them! I asked them not to sell them any more and he agreed! So, they are the only entity on the planet who CAN'T get all the parts for my network!

AL K.

They claim to have a k33 duplicate that is better than original klipsch woofer, goes deeper and better power handling with the same specs.

They also have a k55 midrange replace that is supposed to go all the way down to 450hz with no problem.

http://layneaudio.hypermart.net/prod03.htm

thanks

What is it you are wanting to do with "better" drivers? DIY, Replacement?

They claim to have a k33

duplicate that is better than original klipsch woofer, goes deeper and

better power handling with the same specs.

They also have a k55 midrange replace that is supposed to go all the way down to 450hz with no problem.

http://layneaudio.hypermart.net/prod03.htm

thanks

What is it you are wanting to do with "better" drivers? DIY, Replacement?

Mainly curiosity, they claim a lot and it seems that responses here indicate they are blowing smoke.

Dan

Guys,

Here's a quote from their web site:

"Crossover upgrades: we can provide any parts you need to upgrade/ repair you Klipsch crossovers, or parts kits to build the new "ALK" type crossovers [at very reasonable prices]."

I had a friend inquire about this a long time ago. He also got no response from them! I asked the President of Universal Transformer Co who makes the 3619 autoformer I use if he knew about them. He checked and found that they have order a grand total ot 2 (TWO) transformers from them! I asked them not to sell them any more and he agreed! So, they are the only entity on the planet who CAN'T get all the parts for my network!

AL K.

Good on you AL well Done!!!

I purchased a pair of the k33 "replacements about 3 years ago when I

first acquired my khorns and hadn't discovered this forum. The

replacements Layne Audio sent me were Eminence Kappa 15's, I don't

remember if they were 4 or 8 ohm. They did go deeper than

the ancient/original k33s but when I put in my ES Alk's I put in

new k33s as they supposedly provide a more stable load for the ES

Crossover and haven't had time to compare the two. I didn't try

the k55 replacements.

I bought the replacement woofers for my Heresy's about 3 or 4 years ago from them and had no problems with the sale at all. It sure seems like they made a small but noticeable difference to me. But allot can happen with a company in 3 or 4 years.

Craig

I tried rebuilding a set of large Advent speakers a few years ago and tried like crazy to get in touch with this guy so I could check out the large woofers he claimed to have. I ended up getting the parts from some one else because after repeated attempts I never got a response. Maybe I should have put a note on his front door........

If you want to see a photo of the house at his mailing address follow this link to the Nashville Property Assessor's office (public records):

http://www.padctn.com/

Click on "webpro" and type the street address in the search area.