Big news!!!!! 60th Anniv Khorn

3dzapper

"What I like about this idea, is that toe in and toe out is now possible without compromising the bass response or having to unbolt the top section."

What continues to amaze me is that no matter how many times it's said, it just doesn't seem to sink in. One more time: Even sealed, if you pull them out from their corners you lose the end of the horns. With that, you get massive roll off beginning at about 100Hz. Now, it may sound good, but it's not right, and you're losing a great deal of information at the bottom.

The seal at the tailboard: I agree that many think they have "a good seal", but a seal that allows ANY air to escape is less than ideal. Now, to find the answer to what I hinted at earlier, you need to quit focusing just on the tailboard seal.

Hmmmm... I'm thinking. [^o)]

Edit: It's gotta have something to do with how a sealed tailboard interacts with the wall so that horn extension is properly implemented?

I can't believe I'm quoting myself! But I got it! [<:o)] Kind of...

Your answer makes sense, Dean. Sealing the back takes away many of the variables of proper corner sealing. I suggest this modification will move the Klipschorn into another level of performance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recent enquiries with Klipsch have confirmed the current standard Klipschorns DOES NOT feature the sealed tailboard. This upgrade is at present only featured on the 60th Anniversary model, available in Europe.

HOWEVER...

I have been reliably informed that the standard Klipschorn will receive a further upgrade soon. Maybe for the new year. I wonder what this upgrade might be? [;)]