Big news!!!!! 60th Anniv Khorn

3dzapper

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slated to launch in February, the 60th Anniversary Klipschorn will only be sold in pairs and carry a tentative U.S. MSRP of $11,000 per pair. These limited-edition speakers can be ordered through a Klipsch specialty A/V retailer.

They are making only 225 pairs.........

If you toe the Klipschorns in or out without false corners, you'll lose whatever bass response that's generated by the wall extending beynd the speaker edges. If that isn't important, why have Klipschorns?

I wonder how thick and sturdy the new backs of the bass cabinet are. So much letigimate discussion on this forum about the absorption of bass energy by resonant materials and so much crowing from Klipsch about increasing the thickness of the La Scala sides from 3/4" to 1", but I'll bet the backs on the bass cabinet of the Khorn aren't 1" thick MDF or sufficiently fastened to the sides so the backs don't resonate. I hope I'm wrong, but I bet I'm not.

Imagine walking in the house and saying,"Honey, I went to the mall today and saw the most beautiful pair of diamonds. I coundn't resist, they were only $11,000."

I guess it could be worse. " Honey I went to the Mall today and saw this cute pair of puppies in the window......"

Who would get them in the settlement?

Rick

Imagine walking in the house and saying,"Honey, I went to the mall today and saw the most beautiful pair of diamonds. I coundn't resist, they were only $11,000."

I guess it could be worse. " Honey I went to the Mall today and saw this cute pair of puppies in the window......"

Who would get them in the settlement?

Rick

The Lawyer ...