misuse of my web site photos on eBay - HELP!

Guys,

Some idiot who doesn't know the difference between a Belle Klipsch and a Klipsch "La Belle" has stolen a photo from my personal web site to represent HIS speakers for sale! Please harrass this clown until he removes it! He does NOT have my permission!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-La-belle-speakers_W0QQitemZ6029466318QQcategoryZ317QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

HELP!

Thank you!

Al K

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just e-mailed the seller with the "Ask Seller a Question" Ebay function.

The text of my message is:

Hello. I'm interested in the Belle speakers. I notice that the HF cabinet is not quite stock could you tell me about the modification. It is a little taller than usual. Thanks in advance for your information. I wanted to resolve this question before bidding.

It will be interesting to see how the seller responds to this question.

Guys,

I sent the "sellers questions" a notice telling him to remove the picture or I would start legal action. I'll give his a little while, then I will report it to eBay. My guess is the idiot is trying to seel his speakers and doesn't have a camera, but the owner of a set of Belles should know they are not called "La belle" !

Thanks for the help.

Al K.

I just put a $10,000 bid on them under a different name (Brutus_rulz_mcintosh). Same thing happned to me with the VERY McIntosh I just bought (MC-2102). guy was showing off the box/amp...and showed the serial number, stolen from the real seller, that's now in my house.

Anyways... when I come by to pick these up...do I get the fancy networks too?

[6] [6]

E-mailed and advised to modify or delete ad. I've seen this many times where a photo from AG shows up on E-bay or vice versa for a particular product. Don't really know how many are actual fraud. Sometimes I'm certain it's product "kiting" where someone sells a product on E-bay for much more than it's available for on AG. Once sold they buy the product off AG and have it dropped shipped to the real purchaser and pocket the profit. Easy $$$ and no hassles with the shipping, etc.....

There's a $1,200 pair of scam Khorns on ebay now too... I'm working on those (again). either ebay is having problems or my pc is. Al's scam pops up for me, then says "auction closed", it will pop up again, or again show closed.

The above listing will not let me bid , telling me

"System Problem

Sorry, we are experiencing a technical problem. Please click the Back button of your browser and try again. "

pfft...

I'll keep trying. Bottom line to Al... We got your network! (back... well, in my case, both [;)])

I tried again to send the Seller a questions and this time it went through...

Here was my Q to the seller...

"Very nice set of Belle's you have there. I have a few questions..

1. What year are these Belle's? If unknown, just provide me the S/N and I can determine the year they were built.

2. Your Belles look a little different than my '87's. What are the dimensions of these speakers?

3. last but not least, what is the BIN $ amt you mentioned in the item listing?

Thanks in advance for your repsonse. JJ

=====

JJ

I just sent him a message. Al, if nothing else, you can rest in comfort knowing that NO ONE will lose a dime on this misrepresentation. With my bid on them capped at $10,000, it would take a fools fool to outbid me. With that said, I'm going to try to have some fun at his expense (since I can't get to his legs to "Palmerize" his kneecap)

Hey Man!

I work for the airlines and can travel for free, other than paying tax!. I'll personally be comeing by to pick them up so I will need your address. I'll have cash with me. Is it better to come by on the weekend or is during the week better? I'm retired so I can get there any day of the week that is better for you.

Are they currently hooked up like they look? I'll bring some music and before I leave with them we can jam!!

What kind of amp do you use? I'd hate to blow your amp with some of my music...

you DO like disco I hope? Sure looks like you do with your disco decor...