Every now and then Ebay brings a laugh on Klipsch listings

Daddy Dee

I also love the breathless declaration of how good they look:

"(by the way the speakers have not been touched in 9 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so they look great!!!!!!!! a little lbo grease !!!$200 & a out of work carpenter!!! you will be lookin good!!!! they look old!!! but they are not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 "

Well, maybe he posted the wrong pix...

And I guess they really aren't THAT old - I mean 1978 is only about 28 years ago.

Perhaps ther seller was typing while wearing mittens (it gets cold in Harbor Springs) and an extra "9" snuck into the BIN. If not, and if that's an accurate BIN and if it's similar to the reserve, he'll be enjoying these speakers long after the auction has ended.

If you think about it, it actually could accomplish two things:

#1 - A potential buyer with a limited knowledge of Klipsch might see them and have a ton of expendable income and think they are getting a great deal. If no one does the buy-it-now, big deal. If someone does, CHA-CHING for the seller!

#2 - Someone looking to bid on them might be willing to put in a higher final bid because after all, the seller is technically asking $7999 for them, so if I get them for $5000 I'm getting a steal!

Its all in the marketing.

I had an email conversation with the seller the day he listed them because his photo of the tag was unreadable. He told me the model number and I told him what he had, but also that the $4000 BIN he had listed was not even something that would work on some very desirable mint finished K-horns. He posted better pictures and jacked the BIN up to 8 grand. Gave me a good laugh.

I had an email conversation with the seller the day he listed them because his photo of the tag was unreadable. He told me the model number and I told him what he had, but also that the $4000 BIN he had listed was not even something that would work on some very desirable mint finished K-horns. He posted better pictures and jacked the BIN up to 8 grand. Gave me a good laugh.

That makes this even more funny.

One thing you can say for the seller... he's proud of his Khorns.

Shill bidding happens often, but this is the first time I ever saw a Shill "Ask Seller a Question":

Q: Klipsch built the ones like you have for Movie Theaters. They were installed exclusively in theaters. Those are neat. I have a set of klipschorns and love them. No where near your buy it now price but should go for around 2K

A: thanks!!

Geeeez give us a break!

$8000 for old,beaten up speakers! LOL I would not even give him one grand for his abused,moldy Klipsch.

I hope no naive bum gives him his asking price,not even $2000.What a joker

Aybody wants my old overheated Athlon 1400? Only $100 with free shipping! [:$]