Want to use your K-400 horn as a tweeter?

BEC

Same tweeter on a bunch of different horns. The yellow trace is the only one with a horn designed to be used as a tweeter horn. Silly me. I thought the best of the others would be the K-700.

Bob Crites

post-9312-13819279233222_thumb.jpg

Most all pictures posted on the forum I can open with Adobe Photoshop Elements but sometimes when I try to open a file like this one of BEC's Picture using Adobe Photoshop Elements it can't and shows the file to have an "unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found"

Does anyone know why I'm getting this message?

Thanks for any help!

Mike[:)]

FWIW: I can see the chart with the browser, and it opens with the browser too. I don't see a picture.

OTOH, I have problems opening a few files, not necessarily from here, with the photo utility which comes with WordPerfect.. There is an error message. These are plane old .jpg images.

I find that MS Paint will open them. So then I just save them from MS Paint with the same file name. Then the problem with the file is solved and can be open with the Corel utility. Obviously MS Paint is solving some problem and is not just saving what it opened without change.

Gil

Most all pictures posted on the forum I can open with Adobe Photoshop Elements but sometimes when I try to open a file like this one of BEC's Picture using Adobe Photoshop Elements it can't and shows the file to have an "unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found"

Does anyone know why I'm getting this message?

Thanks for any help!

Mike[:)]

Forget Photoshop as a casual viewer, it's a bloated system hog, even as "Elements'. Try Vallen Jpegger, available free at www.vallen.de. Also has a slide show capability. A little slow on large TIFFs, it handles every day web images flawlessly.

travisc said: "Bob when are those tweeters going to be ready?

I am chomping at the bit even though I am still locked in the barn$$$"

Last I heard, perhaps the end of this week. The mold is a couple of weeks late now. Excuse is gall bladder surgery. Not mine, but the mold builder's. He is a one man shop and when he is sick, no production. On the positive side, he made some of the horn molds that Klipsch uses, so he knows what he is doing.

Bob

I don't know why some had a problem opening the JPG of the horn test. I use a Mac to post on the forum. I scanned the trace into Graphics Converter and saved it as a JPG. I then moved the image to iPhoto and cropped and sized it.

I tried downloading it on a Dell Laptop I have and that worked fine. It is running XP. The file opened in Paint Shop.

Bob

I don't know why some had a problem opening the JPG of the horn test. I use a Mac to post on the forum. I scanned the trace into Graphics Converter and saved it as a JPG. I then moved the image to iPhoto and cropped and sized it. I tried downloading it on a Dell Laptop I have and that worked fine. It is running XP. The file opened in Paint Shop. Bob

Computers [:@]

BEC I've tried Paint Shop also and No Luck

I also use XP

Guys thanks for the suggestions.

mike[:)]

Both graphs opened for me, in Photoshop Elements 4.0 on a Dell desktop with Windows XP.

The 700's peaks in the 2.5k - 5K range are less reassuring than I'd like, especially compared with the K-600 horn. I still wish they could/would use K-600's in the new CWs. I don't suppose your horn maker could make them?

Lots of folks could make the K-600 horn. Just takes money for the mold. I know when we were at Hope last fall, they were still searching for the K-600 mold. They had lost track of it. Probably at some now closed foundry.

I don't know what is up with the K-700 horn in that test. It was tested exactly like the others. I can't see how it could be so bad but I did it a couple of times to verify and the test is right for that horn as far as I can tell.

Bob Crites