check these babies out i just purchased but i still don't know the exact date.

funkyhambone

i think you were right or somebody was. i believe it is m-7s. mine are pretty dark. it might be my flash or something that last pic was my walnut 72's and the pre 62's are much much darker. man they sound so damn different. it is so much "softer" or "natural" than the 72's. it's really hard to put into words. my first feeling was negative, but the more i listen the more i like. so so different though. both are excellent.

yes it would be permanent. i think she wants to put them in the museum. it's going to be a tough decision. i wish i would have never hooked them up. i can think of a lot of worse problems to have though :)

maybe this pic is a better illustration of color

well, i know i am going to catch a lot of flack for this, but i have them hooked up to a pioneer spec 4 and spec 1. obviously i have the power WAY down as they need next to nothing. as far as ss goes these are really fine pieces. the sound is really quite fabulous. in my opinion, these are the two best pieces pioneer has ever made. i have had the curiosity to buy tube, but i really know nothing about the equipment and wouldn't know a good tube amp and preamp if it bit me on the ***. i don't know what to look for and there are so many dishonest people out there, i just haven't had the guts to make the move. plus out of all the friends i have, zero have tube equipment. i don't even have anyone to be there with me to look things over. i have considered buying a brand new tube amp and preamp, at least i would hope they would at least be the quality that they were originally designed to be, but then again still have no clue as to what company or model to buy. c'est la vie.