77 KHorns any good?

Kriton

Ok, just curious, got a line on a pair of 77's - what do you all think of the vintage?

What are the most desirable years? What are the differences in sound

from decade to decade? What is the best combo of drivers and crossover

configurations?

Oh, and thanks! I already **tried** to search for the answer!

k

My brother has '80 Khorns. They sounded great (with BEC rebuilt crossovers). Then he installed the ALK Trachorns. Now they sound really great.

Go for the '77 khorns. You will eventually tweek to your preference, but they will be a great start.

I got a pair of 74s and reveneered them and did test on the bass bin air chamber and noticed it was not airtight,,,,from glue drying or just air leaks ...not sure but i sealed them up and they seem fine now.I also got this enamel paint from Lowes and sanded the inside of the sqawker smoothed all the seams the paint also took the ring out of the metal.Also turned them from a style C to a style B.Rick

Thanks for the replies, and I knew I would get the "they are KHorns, just go get 'em", that was the same thing I thought.

I am hanging low for a bit, still trying to work out the travel and the cost, but if I pick them up I will surely post picts!

I am definitely in the market, I am just keeping low to the ground and my antennae up...

K