Where is the thread on reverse-engineered Jubilee??

bhendrix

I dont know yet....Dr Bill asked that same question....I,m thanking of publishing them. But then again I,m not a good writer. I dont think anybody at Klipsch & company gives any interest. They were close enough to him to pick his brain. They are very interesting from a historicle point & very reveling at how he approached every problem. Including how he went about increasing back woofer chamber without reshaping the chamber itself. (with an ax). He talks about many failures....designing & making mid horn. Finding drivers & tweets that would not burn up. Problems with other licensed manufactures Brocenier & EV , Vitavox not making the bass horn & drivers to his spec. Although I believe the Vitavox units were better than his, both cabinet construction and woofers & HF drivers used. And definatly the mid driver Klipsch & Co are useing today...I find the present 2006 units a disapointment ( they look good) the performance could be better. drivers could be better. I would fire the present engineering team. They are useless & senial & should be put to sleep. Sounds brutal? Maybe. But the rest of the Klipsch line (not including herisey line) are doing great & selling well Thats where they (engineering) are focust. Do I sound harsh? Actually I,m trying to be nice. & constructive. The pro line is moving in the right direction. I would like to see the sales figures between Pro & commercial.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

D-MAN.......Thats why they call me Horonzak the horrible. I,m getting pressure from all sides. To release the letters. Some of it is fragile. Some of the typing is barely legeable. All letters are signed by the ol man. Some are hand drawn graphs & plots. PWK was always looking for a good all around free for all discussion. Inviting George Ashworth & others down to Hope to thrash out problems. I dont kmow how Belle put up all this. It consumed alot of his time. the first years were not easy for the both of them. I could tell that from the letters. I remember in one letter he told the ol gang to postpone comeing down for a few weeks cause Belle was being "appadectimead." He was quite a character.

You don't post enough Maron. I know you're probably a bit tired, but we so desperately need the handful of you that are left to get off your laurels and move! Someday you guys will be gone -- and another treasure will be lost to us. The documents need to be treated and preserved -- and shared. Need help with money to get it done? The folks from this forum can surprise you. Need writers? They're here too. Just about every talent imaginable is here. Heck, there's probably even a taxidermologist on this forum -- we could have you immortalized! :)

You don't post enough Maron. I know you're probably a bit tired, but we so desperately need the handful of you that are left to get off your laurels and move! Someday you guys will be gone -- and another treasure will be lost to us. The documents need to be treated and preserved -- and shared. Need help with money to get it done? The folks from this forum can surprise you. Need writers? They're here too. Just about every talent imaginable is here. Heck, there's probably even a taxidermologist on this forum -- we could have you immortalized! :)

I bought a home taxidermy kit off of ebay count me in

Has anyone seen the movie "the loved one"? If not find it.

Debbie......Suggests the game of tieing a pork chop bone around my neck to get the dog to play with me......She wants to put them(the papers) in a binder & tie them around my neck (tightly)....

Talked to a printer in town. The minimum printing of 100 copies would cost me about $40 each. ($4000) But 1000 copies would bring down the cost. He says his printing press starts to get up to speed at 100.....Maybe scanning to disc would be cheeper. Ill look into that.

DeanG .......At the moment I,m trying to find a cheaper printer...This is all to high in this little town. going over to Quincy Illinoi today To sniff out other possibilitys. Id feel embarresed to take any financial gifts. Seed money is not my concern at this moment. let me see what the options are first.

DeanG .......At the moment I,m trying to find a cheaper printer...This is all to high in this little town. going over to Quincy Illinoi today To sniff out other possibilitys. Id feel embarresed to take any financial gifts. Seed money is not my concern at this moment. let me see what the options are first.

Maron you definitly shouldn't feel embarresed if you allowed others to help in this project!!!

There has been much speculation and misinformation about how and why PWK did things. Since you have some information in his own words then it is invaluable to those who want to understand the how and why of all that PWK accomplished. To preserve and share this information would be one of the most important things members of this forum could be involved in. I would also incourage others who have similar information to consider sharing it before it might be lost forever.

Maron it would be an honor to be a part of this project if need be in any form of help that you need to make this happen!!!

Mike[:)]

Thank you Mr. Horonzak for your consideration on helping to preseve these great treasures.

I second Dr Who on scanning on disk. One scan, and you have as many printouts as you want. Much cheaper then printing muliple copies. Plus the information is more readily shared and thus preserved. I'd be willing to contribute at least a small amount to any funds needed.

David