Why Use Ebay?

dbflash

I've bought over 200 items on ebay and sold 3. 2 were in the past week and I made out great (2 lps for almost $400 - I paid 80 cents for the one that went highest!).

I buy my razor blades in bulk, specific LPs, girly stuff for my wife and daughter, etc. I've only had one really bad experience and it was an $8 item.

If you use common sense, it's a great place to do business.

BTW - Those Mach3 blades are waaaaay cheaper when you buy 100 at a time!

What two records did you sell for $400? $1.60 to $400 --nice!!!!

• 1 month later...

EBay can work for you as a seller if you did not have to pay for the add (3.5%) and then you pay (4.0%) of the sell and then Pay Pal ( 4.0%) So lets see for a $100.00 I make $87.50. Oh yel lets not forget Shipping. So as a seller IT SUCKS.

Now as a buyer you will take a very big risk. Ebay say that they will stand behind that is not true and even PayPal say that they would stand behind and that to is not true. I have been there and done it on both ends.

You got to be nuts to buy elec. on line anyway. Unless it was from the manufacture.

EBay can work for you as a seller if you did not have to pay for the add (3.5%) and then you pay (4.0%) of the sell and then Pay Pal ( 4.0%) So lets see for a $100.00 I make $87.50. Oh yel lets not forget Shipping. So as a seller IT SUCKS.

Now as a buyer you will take a very big risk. Ebay say that they will stand behind that is not true and even PayPal say that they would stand behind and that to is not true. I have been there and done it on both ends.

You got to be nuts to buy elec. on line anyway. Unless it was from the manufacture.

Guys like Soundbug1, that's why E-spay Sucks!! (RE:1972 heresy pr. on e-bay)

Ebay is no different then the real world dishonest people exist in all avenues. The only problem with eBay is you can't see or interact with the seller in person. Just use common sense and check out the seller the best you can if anything seems fishy it most likely is.

Craig

I have bought my amp ($1250) TT ($300) a pair of

Heresy 2s ($300) Fort'e 1s ($450) from Ebay sellers and never a problem. With

the amp, I talked to the seller a couple of times on the phone for over an hour

total, he was an audio dealer and it was a demo unit from his store. The Regga

Planar 3 was a stranger, it was packed in the Mfg box but the tone arm was not

secured and went bouncing all around. Luckily there was no damage to either the

arm or cart. The H2s I picked up in person (1.5 hr drive) and found a hole in

one of the woofers this caused a price negotiation and the price went from 350

to 300. The Fort'es were a no sale with a minimum price of $450. I contacted

the seller after the auction was over and he was willing to sell for the min

price. I stopped by his shop after work and listened to them and bought them on

the spot.

I have been very careful but have come out happy every time. The transaction I

had the most trouble with was for less than $20 with shipping, for a set of

belts for the Regga. Go figure.

I have had good luck buying various items on ebay, particularly CDs and books. If you are careful and don't do anything dumb, you can find some bargains.

However, I would never use paypal if I was selling a high dollar item. Their 'Buyer Protection Plan' makes it easy for a seller to get ripped off, and there's not much you can do about it. All a buyer has to do is pay by CC and do a chargeback through their CC company and paypal will refund their funds and charge it against your seller's account. Also, if there is no proof of delivery, the buyer claims that the item was damaged, or that the item was "not significantly as described" in the auction listing, paypal will refund their money. They could have broken it, you can't prove otherwise. Also, all the buyer needs to do is show that they shipped something back to you, and paypal takes their word that they returned your item. It could have been a box of old newspaper. You're screwed and can't do much about it. Paypal is not a bank and doesn't fall under any governmental regulatory oversight. Just my .02.

I have bought a few things on ebay, I dont care for it. I will tell you Amy helped me with questions I had and was very honest and professional when I made a purchase on the ebay klipsch store. Thanks Amy the rf7's have rocked my world ;-)