Grizzly Man

oscarsear

Anyone else watch the Grizzly Man documentary about Tim Treadwell? Tim spent his summers living among a group of grizzilies up in Alaska somewhere. He determined that it was his "call" in life to befriend and protect these bears.

Tim was a certified nut. Don't know how but he got a group to sponsor his annual excursion into the grizzly maze. Those people should be brought up on charges for paying this screwball to place himself in such jeopardy. It's not unlike paying alcoholics to fight.

Long story short... Tim got eaten.... along with a lady friend. And all his grizzily bear support group buddy pals were sooooo upset and sooooo surprised. What's screwier still is his film documentary pieced together from years of footage is winning awards??? It is pathetic to watch this man and worse still to listen to his tortured mind rambling and cursing...talking to himself, the bears, the butterflies and the bees.

It's not unlike paying alcoholics to fight.

first of all what the hell does this mean?

second I have been watching it and I do think he was few drops short of a puddle. He must of had some deeper knowledge of these bears than the documentary lets on. He spent something like ten years between the maze and the other refuge.

it is no doubt very odd

ya, wouldnt be my first choice either. Talk about fear

Two Guys in the woods. In a tent. Big bear comes up, he's gonna eat 'em. One guy reaches in his pack, starts putting on his running shoes. The other guy: "you idiot, you can't run faster than a bear..." Guy says 'I don't have to run faster than the bear, I just have to run faster than you..."

• Moderators

I only saw the previews, the first thing i thought was bear food, and this guy claims he was the only thing protecting the bears in that area. I guess the bears didn't think so, wonder what tree hugging group he was with anyway ?

It's not unlike paying alcoholics to fight.

first of all what the hell does this mean?

second I have been watching it and I do think he was few drops short of a puddle. He must of had some deeper knowledge of these bears than the documentary lets on. He spent something like ten years between the maze and the other refuge.

it is no doubt very odd

uh, yeah, WTF??? do you mean by this???

Michael

Y'all remember the "bum fight" controversy? Well the people who floated this guys endeavors must have seen his mental short comings and everyone knows that bears are carnivorous. Maybe they didn't purposely allow the guy to step into harms way but they had to be pretty dumb to not see the peril and that this guy was absolutely not a trained naturalist or anything close. Do they not bear (pun pardon) some responsibility for his demise? At least it seems similar to me. Hope no ones offended.

IDK - As far as his ramblings, etc., you have to keep in mind he was up there in the middle of nowhere all alone for months on end (not sure exactly how long) living in a flimsy looking tent. I can't even deal with being off the computer for 24 hours. I'd be coming across as a bit off also if filming myself. Imagine how long the days were. I'd be having a problem by day 7. I'd be talking to the mosquitoes. (Which are the size of mice over there).

He was supposed to move every seven days at least a mile from his last tent site....he didn't

He was to keep at least 100 yard distance from the bears...he didn't

Bears are wild, attack and are always looking to eat and put on fat for winter.

They are known to attack humans.

Not to mention they are GRIZZLY BEARS

I feel stupid wasting 3 hours of my life watching a nut bag get the inevitable.

No doubt Tim was a moron, but I agree with the awards

nominations. I think that Werner Herzog has done an amazing job

with this documentary, showing the life of this crazy man (stating

several times that he disagreed with Tim's complete outlook).

Just because the subject was an idiot, doesn't mean his story wasn't interesting, and that the documentary wasn't well done.

dblue... The problem I see with the reward awards is that the documentary still lauds the mans rather obtuse behavior while saying it disagrees with it. Someone wrote a tribute song for the guy that was sung on the movie. Watching American Idol shows us how many people are seeking some level of notoriety and how many aren't wrapped too tightly about doing it. Somewhere someone will watch this show, learn about it's critical acclaim and decide that it's a swell idea and a guaranteed pathway to fame...if only they survive it. Not unlike the Jackass movie.

Anyone who acclimates wild bears to humans is asking for trouble and the losers will be the bears and any other unfortunate humans who happen to run into one.

That guy was an self-promoting misguided *** and anyone supporting his "venture" is also a misguided *** with too much money.

DM