Name That Engine.....

Gilbert

Nice looking cars you have there, EAR. You ever thought of going gas instead of nitro?

Thanks,

Yes I am about to buy a gas powered HPI buggy,the Baja and a FG BigFoot,quarter scale and one fifth are the real scales for any serious RC fanatic. I'll post pics if you want when I get them this summer.For now I have my hands full will prepping and building the dozen or so RC's I purchased in the last four months.In 2005 I pourred over 12 grand into RC! Just to show you a small part of of my vast collection here...

34 RC's in a year and two months.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just a small part of all my RC's.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we all like stereo dont we, gotta have two speakers, like my twins , 750 hp in stereo

What boat are they in? Anything special in the 454 build?

The boat is a 1988 26 ft welcraft nova spyder. Special edition (top gun movie package) . 454 mag Big blocks and Kevlar hull. Normally the nova comes with twin 350's and fiberglass hull. Previous owner told me only 11 produced. Wellcraft said mine was # 7. Previous owner said it has mild cams. bored 30 over . Edelbrock alum performance intake .I had the holly 750 carbs sent to tpcracing.com . The carbs were gone through and blueprinted, venturi's modified, tuned to my engine. Huge difference, it raps like a chainsaw now. Bravo drives ,stainless props.

post-21290-13819283664932_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you run it... inland or offshore? The surroundings look inland, but I could be wrong....

I sold my crownline 225lpx two years ago. Citron yellow with white interior, ordered it from the factory. 350 mag with captain's choice. what a boat. I ran it on Chautauqua lake in Jamestown, NY. Loved that boat.... but what a hole in the water. Two happiest days in a boat owners life.. The day you buy it and the day you sell it. Looks like you have a keeper there!!

post-21157-13819283938912_thumb.jpg

I've seen those crownline boats on the bay , they are very nice, I always thought they looked cool, love the yellow. I run the boat on a bay, part of lake Michigan. We have alot of inland lakes around but most are a little small for my boat, launching would be difficult also. I believe they have a 55mph speed limit. I think if I were to open it up someone would complain. Here's a pic of east and west bay with the island (thats fun), lake Michigan far left and above the peninsula, which is 18 miles long for reference

post-21290-1381928396114_thumb.jpg

I live in Michigan, what lake? the water looks too blue to be anwhere near where I've been... (Put in Bay, Lake Saint Claire, etc....) I am guessing if you trailer it you dont spend much time on it.. but I have been wrong before!!! I am guessing you have thru hull... what kind of outdrives? how many hours are on it?

edit:

bravo.. just re-read! there is no way that monster doesent have thru-hull!!!

The aerial shot you see is northern Michigan, Traverse City to be exact. Little finger region. Leelanau peninsula on left, Old Mission peninsula middle, facing north, west bay left ,east bay right, open lake michigan water north at the end of the peninsula. The water is that blue like a sapphire. the blue angels come here for the Cherry Festival, ( cherryfestival.org ) check it out ,thats a hell of a party on the waterfront. There is many cool boats out there, little to big. Yes the boat is thru hull ,4 in stainless and loud. Bravo one drives. Stainless props, 70+ mph. I dont live far from the launch. There is a stretch of beach thats a great place to anchor and party. I'll leave it in anchored if the weather is good and drive down to it during the week, lots of boats do that. We'll spend the night on weekends .Not sure how many hours on the boat, engines are around 100 hrs

post-21290-13819283978424_thumb.jpg

Post somemore pics of your boat, I always liked that checkered flag. I've had mine for 2 yrs. I hope the fun doesn't wear off. Its such a great time, even if it were just for the cherry festival week. You know what sold me on a boat, being on my brothers boat in the marina 50 yards from the band WAR playing "low rider" at the cherry fest .... Food ,drink, and scenery lol. heres a pic I snapped of a blue angel

post-21290-13819283979064_thumb.jpg

The aerial shot you see is northern Michigan, Traverse City to be exact. Little finger region. Leelanau peninsula on left, Old Mission peninsula middle, facing north, west bay left ,east bay right, open lake michigan water north at the end of the peninsula. The water is that blue like a sapphire. the blue angels come here for the Cherry Festival, ( cherryfestival.org ) check it out ,thats a hell of a party on the waterfront. There is many cool boats out there, little to big. Yes the boat is thru hull ,4 in stainless and loud. Bravo one drives. Stainless props, 70+ mph. I dont live far from the launch. There is a stretch of beach thats a great place to anchor and party. I'll leave it in anchored if the weather is good and drive down to it during the week, lots of boats do that. We'll spend the night on weekends .Not sure how many hours on the boat, engines are around 100 hrs

Haven't been to Traverse City since the summer at Interlochen summer camp.....