Anyone know ....

SCOOTERDOG

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can pick it up for about 100 bucks and was thinking about using it to drive my Heresy surrounds.

Scoot,

Paid around $1,300 for my first M117 in '78-'80.(?) Picked up the second one for $250.00 in '91. They are now switched to BTL mode at 700wpc into 8ohms. .003 THD I drive my ba*tard CW's with them. I call them "the poor-mans Mac". **** called them Mac Killers. (don't know about that part) Nice clean tube sound, 54lbs each, and much power. I love 'em.

Tube front is icing on the cake. Deano also has used them. You might ask him.

If they work and you don't want them, send me a pm. I will jump on them![:D][:D]

Terry

PS EDIT: Ran two DC300's, M117's - MUCH MORE horn friendly than the Crown's IMO.

"**** called them Mac Killers."

The lack of sensitivity and awareness found on this forum is just unbelievable.

Klipsch out.

We do need some clarification on this one; someone please rank the relative offensivness in terms of...

Should the Luxman Company be offended by the use of the phrase "Mac Killers"?

Should the Macintosh Company be offended by "Mac Killers"?

Should killers be offended by "Mac Killers"?

Should the Luxman Company be offended by "Poor-man's Mac?"

Should poor men be offended by "Poor-man's Mac?"

Should women be offended by "Poor-man's Mac?"

You know, I thought "caucasion" was just a typo or poor spelling. You learn something every day. It is a racial slur. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=caucasion

My typo error should have read "Caucasian". This issue seems amusing to many. I am not one of them. One day.............you will not be so amused. Maybe your children or grandchildren will be the one to awaken you.

Klipsch out.

My typo error should have read "Caucasian". This issue seems amusing to many. I am not one of them. One day.............you will not be so amused. Maybe your children or grandchildren will be the one to awaken you.

Ah, well, any thoughts of me being racist should be put to rest by the future awakening above.................God, I hate white people,(caucasin) why not, every one else does......

But I do agree, in the next decades we will see every soul displaying slite slant eyes, a lellow-brown tent in skin and the ability to slam dunk a basketball.

Works for me...........

Terry,

Stop now. You'll never win an argument with Cal Berkeley.

Klipsch out.

Hmmmmnnnnnn......

I didn't know that Sensitivity, and Awareness were needed on an Audio Forum ....

whadda I know anyways ...

perhaps we should all watch Oprah ...??

If you are not intelligent enough to recognize and be offended by ethnic slurs when you read, hear, or see them, it speaks volumes about your character and others not willing to speak up against them.

Klipsch out.

I belong to MENSA

is that intelligent enuff ...??

I am offended by this incorrect use of the name "Mac". There is Mcintosh Labs audio equipment and there is Macintosh the computer made by Apple which I use. I think the way you are using the term should be "Mc". My computer is a "Mac".

Bob

There is so much happining in the world of av right now with all of the new formats on the horizon. I feel like I'm stuck in the middle, wanting to buy now but also know I need to wait a year or so for the dust to settle...

scooter

The world of av is a real mess. Everyone is trying to outdo the other with the multitude of formats in the pipeline. Unfortunately, I don't think waiting is going to help. I've just opted for the simplest system I can, based around my 2 channel rig. So I just have surrounds and no centre. It works for me at the moment. Buying a used powr amp is a really good option. I know the Heresys are easy to drive, but they still like power.

Klipsch out.

If you are not intelligent enough to recognize and be offended by ethnic slurs when you read, hear, or see them, it speaks volumes about your character and others not willing to speak up against them.

Klipsch out.

jaz has always been easily offended. His sensitivity should be ignored as he has obviously grown up in an environment of hate. Please, everyone, join me in giving jaz a group hug so he can rest easily tonight knowing he is a member of a community of love and support...he has had a tough cross to bear.

A.jpg

Thanks for posting a photo of yourself.

Klipsch out.

GEEEZ.....

I thought you'd recognize your mother .........[:)]

Thanks for more firmly establishing yourself as the "low-life" you've already demonstrated yourself to be.

Klipsch out.

Hmmmnnnn ....

that sounds like a personal slur to me .....

what happened to Your " sensitivity " ..???

I learned a new word the other day - I only mention it because I've been looking for a word that conveys this most annoying behavior.

"prig"

one who offends or irritates by observance of proprieties (as of speech or manners) in a pointed manner or to an obnoxious degree

It's one thing to be offended by something when it's directed specifically towards you in a negative manner, but it's an entirely different thing to complain when it has nothing to do with you in the first place and wasn't even meant to be taken negatively. In fact, I would argue that such priggish behavior is the most extreme form of racism!

Paraphrased: "Take the stick out of your butt and feel free to beat yourself with it. Don't forget to take a shower afterwards"
(man I love that quote - can't remember who said it though)