RIP: Darren McGavin

picky

One of my favorite episodes of The Night Stalker was when a museum full of wax figures came to life.

My favorite Dennis Weaver movie had to be "Duel". I first saw it on the Late-Late-Late Show about 3am in the early 80's. A few years later it was really funny because the movie theaters had a short run of the same un-cut movie. Like I said, it was a short run. Never looked at the front of an old Freightliner the same ever again.

One of my favorite episodes of The Night Stalker was when a museum full of wax figures came to life.

My favorite Dennis Weaver movie had to be "Duel". I first saw it on the Late-Late-Late Show about 3am in the early 80's. A few years later it was really funny because the movie theaters had a short run of the same un-cut movie. Like I said, it was a short run. Never looked at the front of an old Freightliner the same ever again.

Man I had forgotten about Duel . I believe that was Spielberg's first flick !

Ah, yes...'Duel'. The 1971 film was Spielberg's first made-for-TV movie, with 'Jaws' being his first theatrical release. I believe the truck was a Peterbuilt, rather than a Freightliner. You can see the emblem in the photo below if you blow it up. I could be mistaken. Funny thing: 'Duel' was only shown in the US on TV but made an apperance in theaters in Europe.

Weaver was terrific in 'Duel' and was even better known for his lead role in 'McCloud'. I will also never forget his role as the lamed, "Chester Goode" in the early 'Gunsmoke' series.

post-10177-13819283722992_thumb.jpg