noticed that cymbals sound much more realistic with the CT125's. I am

going to continue to test them and compare them with the K-77M, but I

think there is little chance that the original tweeters will see

their way back into my Belles. Once I know that I am completely

convinced, I will be ordering a pair for my LaScalas. You know

how it is you listen one day and the next day you think everything

sounds different. Like I said I am really impressed with the way

they sound.

Have to agree with you on this. I just installed my CT125's yesterday and they seem to just sound smoother and easier to listen to. I installed them in Belles with an ALK crossover and that sure seems to be an ideal combination. With Bob's tweeters and Al's networks I think the Belles are pretty hard to beat!

Yes and no. In my case, I have 2 Khorns, 1 La Scala and 4 Cornwalls....so, it's not quite $150. However, it is tempting.

I just finished listening to various discs and just can't find much wrong with the K77's. Now, I don't know what I may be missing by not having a driver capable of getting near 20 kHz, and haven't had my hearing checked in a while, so I may not even be able to hear that high.

I will wait to make a decision until all the reviews are in and my room is completed.

Rad:

Can you quantify your impressions further? I also have ALK's in my Khorns and am looking at the CT125's but wonder just how much improvement I will see for the money.

Dean is correct IMO $150 in the update/mod world is a fairly inexpensive investment.

My question to you is what tweeter are you running. Seems a lot of folks running older tweeters are finding them a little too forward and in need of some attenuation. I had K77M's and am convinced these tweeters have taken me to a place I can be for a while with my speakers. I am running "ALK" networks myself and I think they are a good fit for each other. That being said I am tinkering with getting "Al's Tweeter Tweaker" but I felt I needed them even with my K77M's I am running my treble a little attenuated at the moment. What I saw was an immediate improvement in clarity even though I did some fussing around to get them where I wanted them, the clarity and smoothness improvements were apparent almost right off the bat. For me it was balancing the overall tonal response of my La Scala's to get things where I was comfortable. Like most folks here attest to cymbals, bells and the like are very much improved. The sound finishes where as with the K77M's it seemed to have an abbreviated almost cutoff finish.

Yes and no. In my case, I have 2 Khorns, 1 La Scala and 4 Cornwalls....so, it's not quite $150. However, it is tempting.

I just finished listening to various discs and just can't find much wrong with the K77's. Now, I don't know what I may be missing by not having a driver capable of getting near 20 kHz, and haven't had my hearing checked in a while, so I may not even be able to hear that high.

I will wait to make a decision until all the reviews are in and my room is completed.

Rudy,

Hope you have a chance to give a pair of these a try. Yeh, it would cost $525 to outfit your seven heritage speakers, if you decided to use that many. However, in comparison with the Beyma CP25, which seems to have been the consensus favorite for economically upgrading K77's, that does sound like a bargain. The Beymas would come in at $1050 for seven of them. Then the user still has to come to terms with a driver that needs attenuation and won't fit in the motorboard.

BTW, good look on getting your room completed. That's always a great project.

I put Crites Tweeters in my 2001 LaScala's yesterday. These replaced K-77M's. I find the new tweeters more revealing, but without adding any harshness. With this upgrade and the DeanG crossovers I put in a few months ago, I think the LaScala's are world class.

Moving on to tweaking sources......

Andy

My Khorns and LaS have the K77M with ALK's in the Khorns. Up to now I have found them very adequate. Problem is that you never know what you are missing until you listen to the upgrade. This was certainly the case with the ALK upgrade. For me, it was well worth it.

I put Crites Tweeters in my 2001 LaScala's yesterday. These replaced K-77M's. I find the new tweeters more revealing, but without adding any harshness. With this upgrade and the DeanG crossovers I put in a few months ago, I think the LaScala's are world class.

Moving on to tweaking sources......

Andy

More good reviews! Keep'em coming guys!

Rudy:

Here's a thread I started when I recently put the same drivers Bob is using (Eminence APT-50) in my Belles, but with the baby cheeks horn shape instead of the K-77 horn. Slightly different dispersion characteristics (vs. the K-77 shape), but the comments (and compliments) equally apply to Bob's tweeter.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/688856/ShowPost.aspx

Carl.

Rudy81,

The improvement I heard with the CT125's wasn't as great as when I installed the ALK networks, but I think the improvement in high end extension is very noticable on certain types of music and defintly worth the relativley small price. It seems like sometimes you make a change and think it sounds better when really it just sound different, but in this case I really believe there is an overall improvement in the sound. I hope this help you decide on trying these tweeters.

I plan on getting a pair of those CT125's when I get a chance,

especially after ready all the good stuff everyone has to say about

them.

Also, can someone direct me to information about these "ALK's" I keep

hearing about? I'm assuming their are upgraded networks, and if so, are

they also for the CWs?

Thanks [;)]