Static electricity, FM signals, Wireless routers, and TUBES.

Clarence

Lets keep this in laymens terms, but, I have a few questions.

I seem to have alot of static electricity around me. Even though everything is on a Furman power conditioner, almost every time I touch my Sony amp, i get a small shock. also, since I installed the Squeezebox, my tuner cannot pick up the Sirius sportster's FM brodcast with the clarity it used to. Even when the Squeezebox is off, it is recieveing news feeds from my wireless LAN.

I am worried about adding a tube amp to this setup. Even though the Sony reciever and DVD player will be returned to my HT, I am concerned about static discharge when using my ST-70. The Furman p/c says I have a good, grounded, and protected circut. What gives?

I returned to my Sirius boombox and Tivoli modle one to listen to Howard Stern again. before I added the squeezebox, I had no problem pulling in the Sporster's fm brodcast enen in the car a house or two away. I tried changing channles on the tuner, to no avail. Kinda bums me out. I know a sony home theater reciever doesent have the best FM tuner, but it WAS just fine. there just seems to be an awful lot of "static" around my setup, and I dont want to be maimed or electrocuted by adding the st-70.

Any suggestions? Comments? (constructive only.... =)

Your house is too dry, a condition that presents itself in the winter in particular. Buy a humidifier. It also depends on what you wear on your feet, whether you build up an electrical charge shuffling around, like I do in my new slippers.

Yup raise it to 40% and then see what gives. Those settings are notorious for not being inaccurate so you could be at 20% when the dial says 30% and so on. It won't be long and spring will be here and your problem will gone. Here in Michigan this problem usually only exists during in the heating season.

Craig