Cherry Lacquer Cornwall III arrived!!! No longer Klipschless in Ohio.

Sonic Reaper

Congratulations on your new Cornwall's, way to go. However, I do wish they would use brown cloth with natural Cherry. A much better look. Black is fine with walnut, etc. but Cherry needs brown. Sorry, maybe I am just being my usual picky self.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sound great! The first time I turned my updated system on I was overwhelmed by the sound. No longer did I hear sound radiating from two distinct corners of the room but my ears and body heard and felt a "wall" of sound that smashed through the east wall of the room!

Nice. Can't see the BUTT joints (or maybe the CW3 doesn't have them).

Yes, How about an up close picture w/o the grill. Infact, could you measure from the top of the port opening to the bottom of the woofer....please....please...please.

jc

I would like to respond to the many requests for photos with the grill off but I would like to know what is the best tool to use to remove the gills without the risk of damaging the face of the cabinet by prying the grills off. If someone could let me know what is the best tool to use, I would post pictures without the grill and provide you with the measurements.

I plan on disassembling my existing stereo system and assembling the new stereo system this weekenCherry Veneer d. I had several new stereo components and a Lovan Matrix 5 shelf audio rack sitting unpacked in closets for months waiting for the arrival of my Cornwalls before I began the task of assembling and rearranging my home stereo system. I will finally get the opportunity to unpack and listen to my new Anthem P2 power amp, and my new Denon 2910 DVD/CD player through Cornwalls! I even built a small library of 33 SACDs and DVD audios for the day I finally received my Cornwalls.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Update on reassembling my system with problems encountered.

Problems:

Apparently I need TOSLink cables to get 5.1 sound from Denon 2910. I was disappointed to find that although I had connected 5.1 analog audio cables and a S-Video cable between the DVD player and the Anthem AVM-30 I was still getting only stereo sound. I will have to postpone the experience of listening to my new SACD and DVD-Audio discs in true 5.1 sound (actually ~4.1 since I still do not have a center speaker) [:(]

Now for some pictures. First the left channel and audio rack:

post-19207-1381928642262_thumb.jpg

post-19207-13819290707798_thumb.jpg

post-19207-1381929467521_thumb.jpg

Yes, from the serial numbers, I'd agree that they are likely the first and second produced in March. Very cool.

One interesting thing about the new Cornwall III is that the woofer is

located somewhat higher in the motorboard. This corrects an issue with

a standing wave in the original configuration.

I don't know how much of a problem the original config produced in terms of the standing wave, but it doesn't have it now.

The grill does not come off easily. I tried to use a small flat head screwdriver but they would not release from the velcro (?) fastenings with simple side to side movement and there was not much clearance to pry them off without making contact with wood cabinet with the risk of leaving an indentation. I am thinking something like a very small allen wrench might be able to slide between grill and the speaker cabinet, then after 90 degree twist it may be possible to pull the grill straight out.

Update on reassembling my system with problems encountered.

Problems:

Apparently I need TOSLink cables to get 5.1 sound from Denon 2910.

I purchased TOSLink digital audio cables for the Denon 2910 and the DirecTV. Now I am finally getting 4.1 sound with SACD and DVD Audio disks. Unfortunately during the assembly of this new system, the movement of the satellite RG6 cable was sufficient to break both the RG6 ribbon cables (6 inches) I was using to route the DirecTV signal from the dish outdoors to the DVR receiver. Lowes, Radio Shack and Best Buy no longer carry the RG6 ribbon cables. Looks like repairing the satellite lines might require a Google search and a special order from some website.

Sounds like the grills are pretty snug up against the wood edges? I'd be hesitant to use 'tools' other than fingers. Or at least without padding against the wood. Do you see velcro in there with a flashlight?

Oh - I asked this above, but didn't get a response... In the last pic, there appears to be trim along the front? I see a horizontal line where the vertical rim meets the top of the cabinet. Is that a trim piece around the grill or an illusion?

where are you in Ohio ???

Good question. Where did you get them? Mail Order? Or that ridiculous Car Stereo store in Columbus that is the only Heritage dealer in all of Ohio?

They look great by the way, congratulations.

I purchased them from Carlin Audio in Dayton. They are an authorized Klipsch dealer.

Contact info:

2360 West Dorothy Lane

(937) 294 - 4423

Sounds like the grills are pretty snug up against the wood edges? I'd be hesitant to use 'tools' other than fingers. Or at least without padding against the wood. Do you see velcro in there with a flashlight?

Oh - I asked this above, but didn't get a response... In the last pic, there appears to be trim along the front? I see a horizontal line where the vertical rim meets the top of the cabinet. Is that a trim piece around the grill or an illusion?

I (very carefully) used a small allen wrench. Looks like the grills are now held in place by 11 small magnets.

post-19207-13819286472522_thumb.jpg

post-19207-1381929075524_thumb.jpg

post-19207-1381929472125_thumb.jpg

Why is there a notch on the bottom of the midrange horn? Is this the same as the one in the Heresy III's? If so then wouldn't the H III's be a great match for the CW III's?

They both have the same MF/HF section so yes the HIII would be a great match.