Ship from

300 lbs from 41051

Ship to

Pickup only

Included

No box or manual

About Seller

Morrowaudio (8)
(send email) (view feedback) (other items)

Pay Terms

Money Order

Pictures

1143835785.jpg
Speakers in rear corners

1143835786.jpg
Right speaker

1143835787.jpg
Left speaker

1143835788.jpg
Original crossover. Oil caps!

1143835789.jpg
Original label

1143835790.jpg
Left speaker top blemishes, easy fix!

Description

Single ended crowd...grab this one fast!

Pair of vintage Klipschorn corner horn speakers, model KB-WO, serial numbers 2F830 and 2F827.

I have the Bruce Edgar horn system and will not be using these. I wish to sell them to buy a subwoofer as described below.

These beauties are all original as far as I can tell. Woofers and all drivers are in perfect condition. Crossover is original with oil capacitors, etc and has not been modified. There are a few blemishes on the top of the left speaker which can be easily sanded and repaired (see photo). All grills are in great shape but could use a little dusting in some places. The wood is very beautiful and the speakers have an impressive appearance.

They sound great and can play loud with 104 Db effeciency! There are no rattles coming from the cabinets, everything is secure.

Speakers come as described and there are no warranties.

Asking $2500.00 OBO. I will consider trade + cash for a Bruce Edgar 35Hz subwoofer. The price is fair and compairable to others selling on E-Bay. I will only accept cash.

Due to the size of these monsters the buyer will need to pickup the speakers. I will not ship. I will help you load them and I have a dolly. They fit well in a full size van...remove the seats please! I am located 10 minuites South of Cincinnati, Ohio in Independance, KY. Phone 859-431-2880 (I will answer TV Doctor which is one of my companies). I am free 7 days a week for pickup/ trade.

PS: Check out my website and other company, Morrow Audio. We build high end tube SET amplifiers... http://www.morrowaudio.com

Enjoy!

Interested?

Ask a Question: send an email to the seller with your questions.

Research this item: lookup pricing, reviews, other items like this.

Isn't WooDog in Kentucky ?

The crossovers need to be rebuilt and the tweeter actually connected. I bet those 30 year old caps are way out of spec. Not really a fair comparison like that but oh well. I'd like apair of that vintage some day.

I also noticed just last night that the tweeters were not connected. I was afraid that someone blew them and was going to repair them or replace them or offer a discount on the sale. Is that how this model was sold? With the tweeter not connected? The highs sound great without them....

Thanks for the information...

Isn't WooDog in Kentucky ? The crossovers need to be rebuilt and the tweeter actually connected. I bet those 30 year old caps are way out of spec. Not really a fair comparison like that but oh well. I'd like apair of that vintage some day.

Yes, Woodog is in Kentucky, right here in the back yard.

I also noticed just last night that the tweeters were not connected. I was afraid that someone blew them and was going to repair them or replace them or offer a discount on the sale. Is that how this model was sold? With the tweeter not connected? The highs sound great without them....

Thanks for the information...

Your in the audio business???? I'm sorry I had to ask............

I also noticed just last night that the tweeters were not connected. Is that how this model was sold? With the tweeter not connected?

Your in the audio business???? I'm sorry I had to ask............

It looked like they were never connected, thats why I asked...

Well it just seems like someone in the audio business that is going to compare Edgar horns to Khorns would at least give the Khorns a fighting chance!! Tweeters unhooked, 44 year old networks...........Yea I would say the brand new Edgars would floor the Khorns.

Craig

Selling the wrong speakers aren't ya[;)]

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Not really....The Edgar Horns blow them away...MUCH better imaging and realistic sound. I like the looks of the Klipsch better though...

Not a very nice thing to say in this side of the neighborhood. Although I have to agree--I still love my Khorns.