Midwest Klipsch Forum Get Together Announced

boomac

The Wisconsin Trio of damonrpayne, j-malotky and boomac are planning to host a Klipsch get-together during the weekend of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />May 20th 2006. We figure to kick the event off with a beer & pizza party on the evening of Friday May 19th. Saturday will provide the opportunity to mix and mingle with other audio nuts and we will have several two channel and HT systems for all to audition. We are planning a barbeque for sometime late Saturday afternoon. That evening there will be a movie schedule posted and attendees can choose, (if interested) what movie they would like to see. Two channel listening and general BS sessions will also be available. Sunday morning and early afternoon will be open for continued HT or two channel listening & viewing participation. General BS sessions will be open at all times. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

John and I are only about 5 miles from each other and there will be shuttles available for the Saturday night functions. Every effort will be made to provide transportation to and from the Milwaukee Airport (MKE) for Forum Members planning to fly in.

RSVPs will be necessary and we have established a response deadline of 11:59PM on Sunday, May 7th 2006. In the mean time it would be great if Forum Members would indicate their interest in attending by posting in this thread. That will help our planning efforts and provide other Forum Members the opportunity to see who all might be in attendance.

Specific travel and overnight information will be provided to Forum Members once they RSVP. We will be looking into lodging options over the next week or so. John, Damon and I are located about 30 miles west of Milwaukee and downtown Chicago or OHare Airport are both about 100 miles south of here.

j-malotky, damonrpayne and boomac welcome your participation.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott--

I'm impressed with how professionally you guys have presented this! Sounds like a good time for all attendees. Hey, I thought Hope, AR was "midwest"...eh, from here it's all east....

Have a great time (but not so great that when folks attend the Hope Pilgrimage they're disappointed! ;^)

I'm in!

A great opportunity to see a corner of the US I don't know much about, hear valued music I don't know much about, and see setups I've only read about like John's great array and Scott's new rooms and setups.

Scott, I remember some added visits with forum members when you held your jazzfest a few months ago, and I'd look forward to that, too, if it happens. Northwest has some great connections from BWI, BTW.

Larry

Count me in..

This will be a good tune up before the Hope gathering.

I will only be able to attend the Saturday Festivities. It will be a long day of driving (14 hrs round trip) but I don't want to miss this gathering.

JJ

P.S. I'll also confim via e-mail to you, Boomac.

Wish I could make it. That will be beautiful there in May. Ice will finally be off the lakes. [;)] Hartland is a nice area. I used to drive through there from Waterloo on my way to Brookfield every week.

Bruce

Guys

If you plan to bring your family, let me know. My wife will be here and I plan to pay my 13 year old to baby sit the whole weekend. I have a huge playroom over my garage and a big yard if the weather is good.

My house will be the HT festivities. I plan to "show off" the system Friday night with bits and pieces of the classic HT standards materials[:)]

Saturday afternoon I plan to have my Karoke system up and running for those of you who want to sing in Heritage 7.1

Saturday evening, I plan to show full length movies. I plan to hash out a play list on the HT forum and publish the list and times a week or so in advance. We plan to shuttle back and forth between Boomac and my house before and after each movie time slot.

For those of you who are motercycle buffs, we live in the Holy Hill area of Wisconsin. Some of the best riding in the state.

Should be a good time. Hope to see you here.

JM

DoubleJ You must be way the heck up in the northern part of the land of milk & cheese. I can almost get to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Pennsylvania in 7 hours! Glad to count you in but leave the skeeters up north!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Bruce The ice has been off the lakes for a month or so. It aint that bad up here! What were you doing in Brookfield? Im there most every day. Why dont you pack up that guitar and head north in May?

Larry Recommend a few classical LPs that I should try and pick up? Theres a second hand book store in Brookfield that always has a pretty good selection.

Boomacs theater should, (better) be done by the get-together and we will also be showing movies. No karaoke however! My wife and I, (long ago) agreed not to punish each other with song! I will have a bass guitar and drums ready to go if any musicians show up.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Larry Recommend a few classical LPs that I should try and pick up? Theres a second hand book store in Brookfield that always has a pretty good selection.

Hm, I don't know what you have or they have. Did you like the Dvorak 8th Symphony I played when you were here? That, his 7th and of course the 9th ("New World") are all good. A lot of things by Tchaikovsky including the 4th, 5th and 6th symphonies, the ballets, tone poems like Francesca di Rimini and Romeo and Juliet. Mendelssohn is great -- his 3rd, 4th, and 5th symphonies, overtures, violin concerto. Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsodies, Rachmaninoff's piano concertos especially Nos. 2 and 3. The list can get really long. Handel's water music if that appeals to you.

If you want, you can call me when you get to the store so we can discuss available selections and sometimes performers on the spot.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Craig - There must be 20 lakes within 20 miles of here! Bring your tackle box and some VRDs and you can fish, BS and make some money all at the same time![:D]

I hear ya! But this trip is a yearly tradition and I have 4 other guys involved. The entire idea of this vacation for me is to get away from this crazy business[;)] Now making some money would be nice I just did my taxes[:(]

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

boomac,

I would be interested in attending,sounds like fun.I ride alot in Wisconson but havent been to your neck of the woods.I could definately get into that ride,now just tryin to figure out how I can get my Wavelentgh 45/2a3's on the bike.Send me pm on your whereabouts and local lodging.

Greg