Designer Cornwall?

Yes, I have a pair. The only difference I could see was that the walls were not mitered, etc to look good. One was expected to do all that kind of stuff himself.

I first put a top on it and a base for the bottom.

Now I have redone them differently and veneered them all around so they can be use vertically or horizontally.

Was a designer Cornwall ever built? If so, can anyone provide a photo or link?

Lets define "designer" CW's. Are you referring to "decorator" CW's? My '73's are verts, in un-finished fur and butt joints. Motor board is flush with side panels and requires mods to place grill cloth. Is a 'designer" different than a "decorator".?????

Terry

Michael,

If your Heresy's are the pair I'm thinking they are, they look great! As far as wiping mine (speakers, that is) goes, once every month or so does the trick. It's my danged turntable that requires regular cleaning. All acrylic (the cover too) and a big pain in the arse!

Chris

Thanks Chris! That means a lot coming from you. Mine are the walnut decorators that have been reveneered to cover all the butt joints, I've posted them here several times.

Did you do the veneer on yours yourself?

I'm thinking of doing a couple pairs of CW's (not decorators, unfortunately), in teak finish. I might do cane grilles, or might treat all the edges and motor board to veneer and leave the grilles off entirely. How do you think that would look?

M

Michael,

Mine were not reveneered, just refinished. The wood is that good! I'm told it has to do with being "Decorators". Something about Klipsch using extra nice pieces of wood because most (or all?) were shipped unfinished.

Chris

Michael,

Mine were not reveneered, just refinished. The wood is that good! I'm told it has to do with being "Decorators". Something about Klipsch using extra nice pieces of wood because most (or all?) were shipped unfinished.

Chris

So that's really just the Birch veneer on the 7 ply with a cherry stain and hand buffed by virgins?

I've never seen one that had miter joints that beautiful. My Decorator Heresies had the flush motor board and no provision for grille, but BSButtons early photos of them show butt seams all around.

Michael

Michael,

Chris

So that's really just the Birch veneer on the 7 ply with a cherry stain and hand buffed by virgins?

I've never seen one that had miter joints that beautiful. My Decorator Heresies had the flush motor board and no provision for grille, but BSButtons early photos of them show butt seams all around.

Michael

My CW's don't have miter joints. They're butt seams all around. As far as hand jobs from virgins...I'm doubting it as the name of the shop that did the work is "The Strip Joint". No joke.

I'm guessing Fini could have a field day with "butt seams", "hand buffing", "virgins" and "Strip Joint".

Chris

HUH?? I don't see any 7 ply from any exposed edges there. Do you mean to say that they were constructed from butt joints, then veneered over AT THE FACTORY? I've never heard of such a thing... (but I've been known to be wrong)

I thought the veneering was done first, the the cabinets assembled, so you had either hidden ply mitre joints or visibly ply butt joints???

Yeah, let Fini run wild with those terms--- what was I thinking?

M