HIP, Heresy Industrials

I also want some of the ones you are describing, the fiberglass matte with aluminum trim are the ones that I have been wanting. I have only seen two pairs come through eBay in the condition that I would like to have them in (excellent or better). They went around $500 or a little over but at the time I had no real bonifide use for them so I passed. Maybe I should offer up a pair of Academy's as a partial trade for a pair.

Gilbert's are unique they were custom made for the church with a birch lacquered finish, ports and with black grills - very nice!

My center channel La Scala speaker came out of a church perhaps that is why it sounds so heavenly. [;)]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A true HIP has a 1" or so slot at the bottom. KP250's are basically a newer Heresy design from the pro series and have the two circular ports.

They would make a HIP in about any finish, painted white, walnut, BR with rounded edges and stain, pebble paint and plastic corners, and the coveted fibreglass with aluminum trim. Many were ordered custom for institutional uses such as churches, auditoriums, schools, etc.

Michael

I contacted the seller Monday and they will not verify so much as whether the drivers are even working. The least they could have done is used some body filler before they painted over what looks like some nasty road scars. One can only imagine what these looked like before they were spray-bombed. In my opinion they have already bid too much for a grab-bag.

Maybe Vette would sell me a pair of his Glass HIP's?

Mine are the same as the pair on eBay right now, except mine have rubber feet, instead of corner protection, and are nice original black texture paint.

I noticed some HIP's have ports....one on each side of the tweeter corner....some don't

You are describing KP-201 or KP-250 - all Heresy HIP are ported across the bottom like Cornwall

Hey Guys,

I did as someone mentioned, and looked in the Pro Audio section of ebay and found what looks like a nice set of Wood cab KP-250s. They're going cheap, and seem like they'd be worthwhile. Seems like a Heresy II with an industrial woofer. Of course, I'm not sure if there would be any real advantage over a standard Heresy II.

Just thought I'd pass them along: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?PostID=715270

-Jon

Here is a picture of the HIP-II that I use as the center channel with my 6.1 all Hersey system. It is awesome at vocal clarity so it makes a perfect center channel.

hip_ii_beforepaint.jpg

I have painted the cabinet with black lacquer finish. Let me know if you have any questions about the sound.

Laters,

Jeff

Hey Guys,

I did as someone mentioned, and looked in the Pro Audio section of ebay and found what looks like a nice set of Wood cab KP-250s. They're going cheap, and seem like they'd be worthwhile. Seems like a Heresy II with an industrial woofer. Of course, I'm not sure if there would be any real advantage over a standard Heresy II.

Just thought I'd pass them along: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?PostID=715270

-Jon

They are in Ohio, I'll be bidding on them. Ebay name same as Forum name.

Here is a picture of the HIP-II that I use as the center channel with my 6.1 all Hersey system. It is awesome at vocal clarity so it makes a perfect center channel.

hip_ii_beforepaint.jpg

I have painted the cabinet with black lacquer finish. Let me know if you have any questions about the sound.

Laters,

Jeff

That's a totally new one on me! I stand corrected. Does it say HIP II somewhere on the speaker?

hip_ii_beforepaint.jpg

Laters,

Jeff

That's a totally new one on me! I stand corrected. Does it say HIP II somewhere on the speaker?

Yup [:)] Here ya go. Again this is before I repainted it. Also although it does not show up that well in the above picture, there is a metal grate in the speaker grill that protects the woofer.

hip2proof.jpg

Laters,

Jeff

I contacted the seller Monday and they will not verify so much as whether the drivers are even working. The least they could have done is used some body filler before they painted over what looks like some nasty road scars. One can only imagine what these looked like before they were spray-bombed. In my opinion they have already bid too much for a grab-bag.

Maybe Vette would sell me a pair of his Glass HIP's?

Mine are the same as the pair on eBay right now, except mine have rubber feet, instead of corner protection, and are nice original black texture paint.

The seller is one of those walk-in places, so they wouldn't have a clue about them. They were probably sold by Danny Chujko, back in the day. Chujko Brothers are no longer a Klipsch dealer, but used to sell everything, up to and including MCM systems.

The rubber feet were a Klipsch item, but you had to install them yourself. Those cheesie plastic corners are really an eyesore. LOL

I won't defend the sloppy paint job, but if they go for under $400, I'd say good for the buyer. You can't kill them as long as you use they correct fuses.

• 4 months later...