HIP, Heresy Industrials

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let there be no doubters among you. The HI series does have a different crossover network, it's called the HIE, for Heresy Industrial E-type. I have the brochure here somewhere, but not the presence of two Zener diodes in the center of the photo, same as used in the AL crossovers for tweeter protection.

post-10755-13819311395904_thumb.jpg

OK, I think Michael just went over my # now...OMG he ownes the crown of King of Klipsch at his house... (please do not state it on here Michael...) Needless to say Wooo Hooooooo Great ******!!

Love to hear what these sound like... (seriously here...)

Were going to have to seriously have a new picture made... You have gear not in your original one..

hahahahaha

I intend to A/B one of of these with a conventional Heresy this afternoon. It'll be interesting to see what the difference in low end is. I did note last night that outdoors the bass a bit anemic on the HIP's but we were sitting right next to one and the volume was down around 80 db or so (-30 on the Yamaha).

Hard to get a good read under those conditions. Gonna let em sing out today. Maybe the last pretty day around here, supposed to get cccoooolllld.

M

• 4 years later...

going back through old posts on this thread:

I got the Ohio KP250's in Oak with metal grille, they were Omnimount-ready (4 threaded holes in bottom panel) but someone had drilled 1/4 holes for safety chains in the tops. Still a great deal and very pretty Oak.

RPlace has his set of split LSI's now I sold him one of my pairs which his Dad picked up a year or so ago (it was from my workshop, there were 6 pairs lined up in a photo session at one time)

Frzninvt was given two chances at HIP-BG and declined both times. I've still got a minty pair stored in the workshop. All is needed is pair of HSM monitors in BG to complete the collection of that entire model run in that finish.

I'm back to two pairs of split LSI-BG, having picked up a pair in Detroit last week. Got another split LSI-BG single the month before from a pawn shop, so there are now 5!

Looks like the HIP II later became the KP250 ported model, of which there is also a KP250 II, sporting what appears to be a modified tractrix horn in the mid section.

There are many more threads on these types throughout the Forum, mostly in the Pro/Commercial section. Please SEARCH prior to asking questions, most all the spec sheets and crossover diagrams as well as many photos have already been posted.

Garage is 33X28 probably my best "room" for speakers. Sometimes I think the garage-scallas sound better than all my multi-thousand-dollar set up of khorns in the dedicated room. Must be the tractor[;)]

It killed me to decline the offer from Michael on the HIP-BG's but I just could not financially swing them at the time. The economy had just tanked, had car's needing serious repair work. It was just a crappy time. I have always wanted a pair. First heard them in the early 80's, a friend had them with a Luxman C-120 & M-120 pre/pwr amp with a Nakamichi tape deck - man they got LOUD!!!

Had a deal with Daddy's Junky Music for a pair in Maine at $99/ea with stands and they were supposed to ship them to my local store in VT. I had a verbal agreement on the phone, I offered to pay for them in advance. I waited and called my local store and then the Maine store and they sold them out from under me boy was I pissed.

I have downsized my system considerably from the original 4 Klipschorn's and Belle's to a modest La Scala, Cornwall and Heresy arrangement with dual subs.

I just got flooded out, place was literally an island for a few days. I was displaced for about a month staying with friends, lost everything in the basement - total submersion. Slowly getting things back to normal.

• Moderators

I like the way that Heresy is ported like a cornwall, how does it sound ?

While playing with a heresy one day with the terminal cup just hanging out it acted like a port, having a good bit more bass.

A Heresy with really good bass would be a big hit, I always wondered how the Heresy with the round ports on the front sounded.

A Heresy with really good bass would be a big hit, I always wondered how the Heresy with the round ports on the front sounded.

They sound great, but have slightly less bass than a sealed Heresy. The ports were installed to make the speaker louder (which they do), not lower.