HIP, Heresy Industrials

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Could there be much of a difference in sound between them and regular heresy's? "

While the original Heresy is quite lean in the bass, the HIP has virtually none below 100hz or so.

It is as efficient as the Klipschorn above about 200hz, and an 8 ohm load. They do well with subs at 100hz~150hz.

yup, that's me bidding on the Heresy Industrials in Pennsylvania coming off auction tomorrow. Thanks gang.

Michael

I give up Michael. What Heresy Industrials in Pennsylvania? I can't find them.

A lot of this stuff gets listed under Pro Audio

I know Cal, I didn't really want them that bad, but I've paid $300 for nominal looking regular Heresies! If they were for me, I'd probably gone that route.....but thanks for the reminder.

Another clue would have been that they were listed under PRO gear, so many bidders wouldn't have seen them,, and they were being sold by an auction house, so probably no reserve price, since they wouldn't have a studied idea of the value.

I probably should have taken more thought and snagged these. Someone got a pretty nice deal. Of course they have non-Klipsch woofers also, so there's a sticking point.

Another Forum member said he bid on them just for fun, I'm hoping that this was the winning bid and that I might get them after all. But that chance is probably slim.

Michael

I really did not want them badly, but figured they must be worth 350-400. I surely don't need another pair of speakers....or do I.....

LSIs for the garage would be my dream set up...but I bet the wife would not think so. I just like the industrial look. Some day.

yeah, me too, but you really HAVE to get two pairs of LSI's so the horns are up high enough. Makes a stack exactly 6' tall! I've got Deep Purple on there right now...

Getting shop cleaned out to begin whittling those CW grilles out.

If I get a second chance at those HIP's I'll send them your way. Eastern Penn. is a whole lot closer to you than me. I've got a pair of beater H's that I'm going to round off corners and 'glass anyway- so there's my 'industrials' in a way....

Michael

"Could there be much of a difference in sound between them and regular heresy's? "

While the original Heresy is quite lean in the bass, the HIP has virtually none below 100hz or so.

It is as efficient as the Klipschorn above about 200hz, and an 8 ohm load. They do well with subs at 100hz~150hz.

.........thank's.

• 1 month later...

Definitely fresh paint. I'll wait a bit and start the questioning.

Maybe Vette would sell me a pair of his Glass HIP's?

Or Gilbert decide he doesn't really need all 4 from the church?

I tried making a pair of fibreglass ones, never again- that is the nastiest messiest stuff on earth.

M

I'd love a set of glass HIPs. Don't them make them with the aluminum trim too? Just like a mini LS. There seems to be many incarnations of the industrial. Wood, FG, metal trim or not, etc. Who has the ultimate list of options???