Belles on Ebay in Dallas Still in Box!

• Moderators

I'm not too worried, if I get them I will be picking up and paying in person. He said he was going to be down here in Austin to go the Lake in two weeks and would drop them off if I wanted.

So close, it may be hard to lay off of them.

Travis

GO FOR IT MAN; the way I see it, your in the drivers seat, if they're not what he states, you don't hand over the cash, and if it's true, you lucky Dawg!! Win- Win for you. It amases me when you post that e-spay sucks, people come out of the woodwork to say how great, and honest it is, and the minute a good,(or supposed good) deal comes along, the same folks will holler SCAM. I don't see how you can get hurt on this being local for you. Think about this: What if they are REAL BELLES???

Yeah, I am going to go in and bid hard the last day, I should have done the buy it now, the seller was going to call me back and answer a couple of questions, I was interested to know why they have been sitting in storage, etc. So we will see what happens.

Travis

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, if you need someone to go look at them for you, I probably might

be persuaded...I take a mean picture too...ask the guy if he might

allow that -

Shoot at the very least, hero could take pictures of the BOXES the

things were in? That would go a long long way to prove to me he

is legit, even if he doesn't want to take them out of the boxes...

K

• Moderators

Good Luck Bud!!! I don't see how you can lose, the worst thing would be you wasted your time.

Well they went to G-Bert, I don't know if that is a forum member or not, for $2,950. I has spoken to a couple of other fourm members privately wanting to know if I for sure was going to go for it and I told them I planned on bidding up to $2,800 and if they had planned on bidding more I would bow out. They both said they did not want to go that high so it was all mine. I was watching it very closely and was getting ready to bid $2,800 with about 15 seconds left and it shot over $2,900. I should have just done the BIN, live and learn.

Travis

That is a "Q" not a "G"

q*bert like the 80's Atari arcade game - get it. That is not my brother in law Gilbert's eBay handle so it is not him.

$3000 nice! I can't get people to pay me $2K for mine and I have the better midranges and new DHA2Xover networks and wiring. Are the cartons worth $1K? That $1K would cover airfare and a rental van.

Mine are certainly in equivalent condition.

Maybe I will just put them by the side of the road with a sign on them.

Yes it was Qbert! He also won the "re-veneered" Belles that were very nice a couple of weeks ago. $2550 for those. Maybe he's collecting Belles? Freezin, you ought to send him an email directly!

Sorry, Travis I was going to suggest you up your bid to just over $3K but you don't really know what Q's highest bid was so that may or may not have won them.

PS. I think the surly seller certainly helped himself too by adding those photo's. I think he gained himself a whole new crowd of bidders once he posted those.

Frz - LOL It pains me about your Belles. They do look very nice. Maybe take new amazing pictures and try ebay again? At least now you have the benefit of a high priced closed auction for people to compare to and also get behind in line on the new Klipsch's listing for peeps that won't want to pay what will probably turn out to be a crazy high priced pair (cuz it's direct from Klipsch)... Might be a good time to relist?

I didn't know this seller posted the actual photos. I like the light Oak. They certainly were nice. Pictures are so important. I don't think many sellers realize this and don't take the time to do it right.

I think this comes down to how bad someone wants it. If it was me, I would just lay down the large! They are not building any "new" belles anymore and how much would they cost? Waht is all this drama about a few hundred dollars anyway? What other speakers can you buy that has the vibe and sound? To each his own i guess, it seems ashame to let them by like that,just go for it ,we are here for a short time!

That is a "Q" not a "G"

q*bert like the 80's Atari arcade game - get it. That is not my brother in law Gilbert's eBay handle so it is not him.

$3000 nice! I can't get people to pay me $2K for mine and I have the better midranges and new DHA2Xover networks and wiring. Are the cartons worth $1K? That $1K would cover airfare and a rental van.

Mine are certainly in equivalent condition.

Maybe I will just put them by the side of the road with a sign on them.

Pick up only is killing you. Nobody wants to drive to Vermont I guess.

Also... and this takes some balls. Start the acution with a low opening bid. Let the people jump in and get excited about the auction. At first they all think they're getting a deal, people start watching the auction as the lure of a "deal" is just too much for them. Pretty soon they start inching up the bids. Possibly a couple of dudes get into bidding war. In the end the deal is gone and they sell for what the market thinks they are worth. Rare that this method does not bring in top dollar. You "could" add a reserve but this takes away part of the lure. Ebay 101 lesson over for today.[:)]

I think this comes down to how bad someone wants it. If it was me, I would just lay down the large! They are not building any "new" belles anymore and how much would they cost? Waht is all this drama about a few hundred dollars anyway? What other speakers can you buy that has the vibe and sound? To each his own i guess, it seems ashame to let them by like that,just go for it ,we are here for a short time!

You might have done that and yet still, qbert might have bid 10 grand. You don't know that he lost them by only a few hundred. I have found that with Ebay, there is always another chance. There will be more Belles. Besides, Travis is really looking for Khorns so I don't think the balls out mentality was there.

tjnif - Aw come on, don't rub it in. When I messed up on a local khorn pair, I was in a fetal position the rest of the day and still b*tch about it to anyone who'll listen. I know how it feels.

Dwilawyer - for kicks, I'd contact both seller & winner and just give them both a "if anything happens" type of thing. I.e.; you never know... that bidder might get cold feet or change his mind or move, etc. in a month.

Frz - Scott is right. Once you get people engaged/passioned - they'll go nuts. Then people see a bunch of bids which sucks them in further thinking "this must be desireable - look at all the bids". I probably wouldn't have the guts without a reserve. Why are you selling them anyway? I thought these were in your HT?

No way I am shipping them, I think I know enough about eBay since I have been a member for 8 years now and counting. You either have the bucks or you don't. Real Klipsch fanatics will make the drive as I have time after time, but Colter and my BIL Gilbert are the true die hards traveling thousands of miles in pursuit of vintage Klipsch Heritage speakers. I went to Raleigh, NC and back for my '77 Khorn's, to Maine three times for my '88's, '62 Corns, and some '78 La Scala's, New Hampshire for some '68 Mahogany vertical Corns as well.

No way I am risking the low starting bid deal with no reserve, I need to protect my investment. I have $2200 in them at this point.

I yanked them from HT duty and replaced them with a pair of Academy's. They are just to damn big and sit to low to the ground. The Academy's work fabulous!

I'll use the damn things in my backyard or just hold onto them until they further increase in value, or I could have my woodworking buddy do his magic to them like he did my '62 vertical Cornwalls.

I just relisted them at $2100 with a $2200 BIN they don't sell this time, they will just sit in my basement covered with blankets and set up off the cement floor.

I yanked them from HT duty and replaced them with a pair of Academy's. They are just to damn big and sit to low to the ground. The Academy's work fabulous!

I'll use the damn things in my backyard or just hold onto them until they further increase in value, or I could have my woodworking buddy do his magic to them like he did my '62 vertical Cornwalls.

Wow on the Academys. I'm stunned. Gee - I wonder how they'd sound as a center compared to a Cornwall.

Is there a pic of what your friend did to the vert corns? Was it veneer?

They were not re-veneered. The original cane cloth was horrid, one had some plant rings on the top and some marks on the side.

He just sanded every inch, removed the 1000's of staples and put brand new black factory OEM cloth on them, refinished them just like the factory at Hope with Minwax Antique finish which is BLO mixed with mineral spirits. He meticulously painted the backs to original glory and got the tight spots with an artists brush. They are the 2nd oldest pair as known to the forum and now belong to member Sfellini. He even polished the extremely rare original rectangular plastic Klipsch badges and put them back in the original holes.

See here:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/547739.aspx

The before photos:

I added the factory OEM risers that I got from a forum member, he refinished them to match perfectly.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/166337.aspx

He does incredible work, I wish he would give veneering a try I want my center La Scala done in Oak Oil.

Good Luck Bud!!! I don't see how you can lose, the worst thing would be you wasted your time.

Well they went to G-Bert, I don't know if that is a forum member or not, for $2,950. I has spoken to a couple of other fourm members privately wanting to know if I for sure was going to go for it and I told them I planned on bidding up to $2,800 and if they had planned on bidding more I would bow out. They both said they did not want to go that high so it was all mine. I was watching it very closely and was getting ready to bid $2,800 with about 15 seconds left and it shot over $2,900. I should have just done the BIN, live and learn.

Travis

Tough Break, I personally don't like the E-spay bid system, I really don't think it's fair. Wonder if they were the real Belles? There's always tomorrow, Good Luck.

Well, Klipsch (direct) is selling a pair of Belles on Ebay right now. They are for sure the real deal.

This auction just completed did have some red flags in the way things

were listed and the pic of the Shinall speaker. If I'd won the auction,

I wouldn't be sending any money until I showed up for local pickup to

inspect the goods.