Belles on Ebay in Dallas Still in Box!

• Moderators

While hunting rabbits, err, waiting on the Easter Bunny, I saw this on ebay. 1980 Belle's still in the box. While I am hunting for KHorns right now, these are mighty tempting to replace my LS's with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/like-new-in-original-box-1980-klipsch-belle-vintage-bin_W0QQitemZ9713715299QQcategoryZ61378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Travis

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least this seller has credible feedback. I am always amazed when someone is new to Ebay and for their first transaction they'll launch an auction for a big ticket item like a pair of Khorns. Fortunately, this guy is not one of those sellers and he has an excellent transaction history. I'll bet these are the real thing.

As a side note, I'm definitely rethinking what is a fair price for some of the nicer and harder to find Heritage pieces. Many of us have seen nice used Heritage stuff sell for 25% (or less) of the new replacement cost.

But now I'm thinking about the relative rarity of a piece and how long I would have to wait for something similar. If these Belles are in the condition this guy says, I believe they are probably easily worth 3 grand to a lot of people. The factory boxes are an excellent selling point too.

Best in horns,

triceratops

Tony and Jay are right. It is a Shinall speaker. It is actually his version of a dressed up LaScala. He also makes one which is a Belle clone, but this isn't it.

There are two issues which I find quite troubling about this auction.

The first issue is the statement below, which is NOT TRUE..

"Considering that they are wrapped up in their boxes I am using the stock photo from klipshs website".

Of course, there is no way in heck that this picture came from the Klipsch web site.

The second troubling issue that in response to some "rude" e-mails telling him these are not Belles, he then posts a pic of a Belle label, intended to prove he has Belle's.

Well, if he got one of the Belle's out of the carton to take a pic of the label.... why not post a pic of the flawless cab?

One more thing, which is not so troubling, he says the finish is light walnut. What is pictured in the Shinall example, is oak. Of course, he says, it is just an example of the color, he says.

Can anyone take a look at that Belle label to see if the serial number can be identified with the year of manufacture he claims?

While hunting rabbits, err, waiting on the Easter Bunny, I saw this on ebay. 1980 Belle's still in the box. While I am hunting for KHorns right now, these are mighty tempting to replace my LS's with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/like-new-in-original-box-1980-klipsch-belle-vintage-bin_W0QQitemZ9713715299QQcategoryZ61378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Travis

OK checked out the serial number... Oak Laquer actually manufactured in 84... not a huge issue, but this auction still has some red flags. I'm not completely convinced it's a scam, perhaps just a sloppy seller.

I'm not too worried, if I get them I will be picking up and paying in person. He said he was going to be down here in Austin to go the Lake in two weeks and would drop them off if I wanted.

So close, it may be hard to lay off of them.

Travis

GO FOR IT MAN; the way I see it, your in the drivers seat, if they're not what he states, you don't hand over the cash, and if it's true, you lucky Dawg!! Win- Win for you. It amases me when you post that e-spay sucks, people come out of the woodwork to say how great, and honest it is, and the minute a good,(or supposed good) deal comes along, the same folks will holler SCAM. I don't see how you can get hurt on this being local for you. Think about this: What if they are REAL BELLES???