FATMAN corner horn

Hemihorn

Unfortunately I have not heard of nor would I know where to point you to find the specs. I Googled it and it took me only to that auction. That leads me to believe that FATMAN is more of a colloquial name for it. Love the look of the wood tweeter too.

If anyone finds out if this company has a webaddress..please post it. This same guy/company had some wonderful looking bass horns for sale on ebay one time and I considered getting a pair

If anyone finds out if this company has a webaddress..please post it. This same guy/company had some wonderful looking bass horns for sale on ebay one time and I considered getting a pair

I've e-mailed him through e-bay before. Seems to be a good guy. I too like his wooden horns...

Perhaps my recollection of previously having a web address for this apparently small fabricator was incorrect. Nonetheless, I first heard about these products a few years ago. An email got the following (unedited) reply:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi, I am working on the web site, it is not ready yet but will

be ready soon.

You are welcome to call Me ,519 746-6048 or contact First

Octave

Audio, Andrew Vanderkruk kvanderk@golden.net

Thanks for your interest

Andrew

These products are certainly pretty. The woodworking appears to be first rate. They probably sound good also, but what decent mid/tweeter horn wouldnt, with a pricey TAD 4002 compression driver?

Regarding the Fatman bass bin, while it seems clear that the design was, at least, influenced by Klipsch/EV designs, the attached photo of the rear of the Fatman illustrates a complex curved construction rather than the flat and angular construction in Klipsch/EV bass bins.

It would be interesting to get details regarding the crossover used to mate the TAD driven mid/tweeter horn to the JBL driven Fatman, as well as response curves. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Waterloo, Ontario is a suburb of Kitchener, Ontario. Its at least 5 hours from Birmingham, MI (Detroit). While a visit is tempting, I lack the free time to devote to a dedicated excursion to visit First Octave Audio. Perhaps someone who is closer could do some recon and report back to the forum.

I've e-mailed him through e-bay before. Seems to be a good guy. I too like his wooden horns...

Yeh, the first time I saw his other bass horns I thought they were Jubilee bass bins. I think someone mentioned they are an Altec design, but have had an attack of amnesia since then. I have also communicated with the fellow on e-mail and agree that he is a good guy. I'd love to have a pair of those wood horns sitting atop a pair of Jubilee bass bins.