K-Horns new Inset collar? Horizontal seal?

As the only speaker in the world to be in continuous production for 60 years, the Klipschorn has remained relatively unchanged since its inception. In 2005, the company made some minor cosmetic and functional revisions to this legendary speaker, including the elimination of the inset collar, or spacer, between the upper and lower cabinets for a cleaner aesthetic appearance. A horizontal wall seal was added to improve the low frequency horn's response accuracy.)

OK, I figured out the Spacer.. But Horizontal seal??? Means??

I will vouch for the AK-4 Network/Driver Upgrades... OMG, fantastic!!

The collar has been removed on the current standard models. So there is no spacer between the bass bin and the HF section. Theyve made it look like the old "C Style". Personally I like the look with the spacer (collar). The horizontal seal is just weather stripping applied to the back board which is a mod people have been doing for years to get a better seal against the corners walls.

The tailboard is vertical the horizontal seal is the the board that almost touches the wall horizontaly on the side of bass bin i put some 1/2 pipe foam on mine to seal it to the wall.I also like them with the spacer i changed mine to that style after i re-veneered them.Rick

The drivers included with the AK-4 package are not really an upgrade, the K-55X (Altas PDV-5H) is actually a downgrade from the K-55M, and certainly a downgrade from the solder terminal K-55V midrange.

The K-77F is essentially the same as the K-77M so you are paying for that mountain of caps in the network. Better performance can be had for much less than the $1800 upgrade price.

You could buy the CT-125's ($160) from Bob C., a pair of solder terminal mids from DeanG ($300), K401K horns from Klipsch parts ($100), and ALK's Universal Networks ($550) and get better performance for $1110, you could spend the additional $690 you saved on other things.

I was talking to Trey and he mentioned that the new K-Horns already

have the real tailboard sealed (so that you don't need to do the pipe

insulation trick). You still need to keep it in the corner, but due to

the wavelengths involved you can get away with toe-ing in the speaker.

But I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about in these pictures...

That's very interesting news, Mike. I wonder if Trey would care to comment further about this tailboard mod? If this is the case, then the Klipschorn has been made significantly less demanding to position in less than ideal rooms.

Also a pic of the rear of the new standard Klipschorn would be beneficial.