The Forum Was Down This Weekend

meagain

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the free coffee mugs and t-shirts are distributed, I suspect that at least one person will not be on the list....

LOL! Not to worry, I have my free bullshit tie, which maybe I should put on for the occasion.

post-7941-13819297847638_thumb.jpg

Actually, in defense of Parrot, I think the upgrade happened around 3/20 which would cover 5 weekends and if the forum went down for 3 of those, and if you count the semi-working weekend (3.5-4) - odds ARE in favor of a weekend crash. Statistically.

• Moderators

We are very much a family oriented company, and believe in weekends off.

Oh, well if it's Family, then please pass on my apologies to Tony, Carmine, and Angelo.

This makes no sense. Please stop posting in here. You've made your feelings very well known.

In fact, I'm unclear as to why you are still here.

Hey Clarence... if you're giving 'em away, I'll take one. LOL

I'm somewhere in the middle on this. I can see Amy's side of things as well as Parrott's, and feel that Clarence can resolve it for both. Let's get a new server in there so those of us with no life or family can enjoy this place on the weekends.

Mike

• Moderators

Mike:

I did just receive confirmation that we'll begin setting up the new server within the next couple weeks. Fingers crossed that this will solve our problems!!

Parrot's comments came after I posted that.

We are very much a family oriented company, and believe in weekends off.

Oh, well if it's Family, then please pass on my apologies to Tony, Carmine, and Angelo.

This makes no sense.  Please stop posting in here. You've made your feelings very well known.

In fact, I'm unclear as to why you are still here.

I believe that Paul is refering to Da Family! you know the wise guys,the Mafia?

Thanks for the mention Meagain- I am more than happy to promote BU ZZ about Klipsch.

Yeah and to Amy and the gang who look after us ingrates, thanks for a nice safe playspace. We hope we're doing the Forum and Klipsch products proud.

Michael

Anybody complaining....go to your rooms!

This FORUM is a privilege... NOT a right....maybe we all just have too much of a good thing....now imagine what would happen if they just shut it down....personally, I'm thankful for what we do get, even if it does hiccup on weekends.....

....but I am GLAD [<:o)] that a new server is coming!

• Moderators

I believe that Paul is refering to Da Family! you know the wise guys,the Mafia?

Hey spaaaz,

I kind of got that, but "family oriented" is a bit different than "family operated."

I guess I was being too literal. Perhaps I'm edgy.

[*-)]

Amy, not trying to make you any edgier, but the perception on other audio forums is starting to tend toward either laughing or sneering disdain at the routine influx of Klipschsters on the weekend, when (drumroll, please,) the Klipsch forum diessssssss....

Even more important than whether the forum is up all weekend is the perception of competence and level of technical ability. If 90% of the audio world thinks that Klipsch can't even keep a forum from crashing weekly, then they might be less inclined to view other Klipsch services, ie selling speakers, in a favorable light.

I'm sure it is hard to sell some people at HQ the forum is a good thing, BUT you do have the single most active forum of all audio manufacturing companies. Just as you want your new Khorns to be a shining flagship speaker, it is as important for your forum to be viewed in similar fashion. Until these regular weekly "occurrences" abate, many are getting used to going elsewhere. I'll be lurking at audiokarma again this weekend.

I tried AudioAsylum... hated the format. no pics, clumsy layout..

AVS... a little better format, but still not my cup of tee..

AudioKarma is SWEET! A little stuffy, and moderator heavy, but, ITS UP ON THE WEEKENDS!!

(really, we do have it good here... they CHARGE there members to buy and sell equipment!)

AMY thanks for pushing the brass re: the new server....

• Moderators

Amy, not trying to make you any edgier, but the perception on other audio forums is starting to tend toward either laughing or sneering disdain at the routine influx of Klipschsters on the weekend, when (drumroll, please,) the Klipsch forum diessssssss....

Even more important than whether the forum is up all weekend is the perception of competence and level of technical ability. If 90% of the audio world thinks that Klipsch can't even keep a forum from crashing weekly, then they might be less inclined to view other Klipsch services, ie selling speakers, in a favorable light.

I'm sure it is hard to sell some people at HQ the forum is a good thing, BUT you do have the single most active forum of all audio manufacturing companies. Just as you want your new Khorns to be a shining flagship speaker, it is as important for your forum to be viewed in similar fashion. Until these regular weekly "occurrences" abate, many are getting used to going elsewhere. I'll be lurking at audiokarma again this weekend.

Hey Sheltie Dave,

I appreciate the comments and agree 100%. I would hope people realize that we make speakers and not computer software, but I'm sure the association is there.

I guess I was being too literal. Perhaps I'm edgy.

[*-)]

No need to apologize.

The Forum went down last night shortly after 10PM and, based on the time of a post by Max, started working again around 5AM. I was sure way off in my original guess.