Good quality recorded DVD concerts (DTS and DD 5.1)

Mike Lindsey

Just ordered my copies, so haven't seen them yet & can't vouch for quality, but if you're a Margo Timmins fan & know the Cowboy Junkies - it has to be smoken good.

Open Road & Long Journey Home

Available from Rounder Records at rounder.com. Free shipping through Xmas.

James

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buck, I'm confused, I bought two Delbert McClinton CDs, based on your say so. The Austin City Limits Live, and also a newere one called Nothing Personal. I liked them, but they are CDs, not DVDs are you telling me he also has a DVD of the Austin City Limits show?

Austin City Limits JUST came out, it's brand new on the market, maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago.................Hot off the Press, the way we like it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about that, like I said it's a show from 1983, but it's a great place to start..................I am more interested in Delbert's last 10 years or so, the early stuff is good, but the newer stuff is Great..............but you gotta start somewhere............

Buck, I'm confused, I bought two Delbert McClinton CDs, based on your say so. The Austin City Limits Live, and also a newere one called Nothing Personal. I liked them, but they are CDs, not DVDs are you telling me he also has a DVD of the Austin City Limits show?

Austin City Limits JUST came out, it's brand new on the market, maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago.................Hot off the Press, the way we like it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about that, like I said it's a show from 1983, but it's a great place to start..................I am more interested in Delbert's last 10 years or so, the early stuff is good, but the newer stuff is Great..............but you gotta start somewhere............

OB

Is that a dvd version?

Wanna hear some music in DTS HI FI on dvd?Run,don't even walk down and pick up MOE. Live at the Fillmoe(Ha..)It's the closest to perfect I've seen,greeeat songs,lotsa beautiful guitar work and,great colors and video,absolutly exciting! If you loved all the great rock bands from back in the day this is your chance to once again hear something special in true HIFI.

Never heard of 'em but just ordered.

I think you guys that ordered the MOE have taken a leap of faith that will be rewarded for a long time to come.Get your set up ready cause this will give your whole set up a complete workout.I'd love to hear the feedback after you've listened to the complete dvd,it also has two bonus songs,Kyle is especially good.enjoy.

I think you guys that ordered the MOE have taken a leap of faith that will be rewarded for a long time to come.Get your set up ready cause this will give your whole set up a complete workout.I'd love to hear the feedback after you've listened to the complete dvd,it also has two bonus songs,Kyle is especially good.enjoy.

Who do these guys sound like or remind you of?

Who do these guys sound like or remind you of?

Badfinger,Zeppelin,Grateful Dead,and Yes are just a few of the bands I think of when I listen to Moe.That's not to say they sound like any of these bands but those are a few that come to mind when listening.My friends have pointed out other influances from jazz and country but I'm not as schooled in those areas.It's rock to me and fairly heavy,I love to hear a crunchy string bends so one eye slightly closes.I saw it at CCity for $12(online for $10),if you like rock,and you buy it and watch it all and aren't thrilled send it to me and I'll send you $15.

Since I finally got my surrounds hooked up, I'm going to start going through all my concert DVDs. One I checked last night again that has a good mix is "25th Anniversary TOTO Live in Amsterdam". I didn't realize Tony Spinner had been playing guitar for them for awhile. Actually found it at Sam's Club a few months ago.

David

Well I just ordered 4 more...

Neil Young - Heart of Gold
Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere
Richard Thompson - Live from Austin, Tx (this is the 2nd time I have ordered this one)
Eric Clapton - One More Car, One More Rider

It could be 3 weeks before I get these so it might be awhile before I update on them.

Mike

My offer still stands to the first buyer,Moe. live @ the Fillmore.If you buy it,listen to it all and don't love I'll give you $15 for it.Somebody,just try something different,those old worn out scales and chords will still be there when you get back.

Well, I have and love 3 out of the 4 of those. (I don't have Porcupine Tree)

The EC is probably my favorite EC DVD, and he has a number of good ones. He's surrounded by top notch sidemen and at the top of his talent on this.

The Neil Young DVD is excellent as is the Richard Thompson DVD. They are both reference material sound and both are full of excellent music.

Great choices Mike!!

What happened with the first Richard Thompson DVD you ordered?

Fish, I now have MOE live at the Fillmore sitting under the tree. I've not had a chance to sit and watch/listen to it yet, but will let you know as soon as I do.

I think it was you AND Scooterdog that brought me around to these guys, but maybe just you, I fergit.

I'll be letting you know how I like it soon enough!

Thanks for the recommendation!

Eric Clapton ; One more Car, One more Rider...........................Is the most balanced Clapton you will find, all his styles are right there. It took me 4 or 5 views before I realized just how good this disc is...................and did I mention Billy Preston? Great Show, Great Band, you won't be sorry...............

Neil Young ; Heart of Gold......................can't wait to see reviews on that disc

Here I go again................Delbert McClinton Live from Austin ,TX................BUY THIS DISC.........Underrated Artist.................

Yeah, I went with Porcupine Tree based on Scooterdog's and Meagain's recommendation, as well as all the positive feedback on Amazon.

Since there were so many favorable reviews of the EC I had to get that one as well, even though he is not one of my favorites. Having said that I think every collection has to have at least one EC concert in it. [:D]

The Richard Thompson I have wanted for awhile, and ordered it over 6 months ago from DeepDiscountDVD, but it never came and I cancelled the order. I am just now getting around to reordering it... this time from Amazon.

And what can you say about Neil. I hear this concert is outstanding and very emotional for him. Again great reviews and a must have, so I am told.

As for the Moe I'll wait to hear Steve's review.

Mike

I am ordering the Del McClinton DVD as I sit here!

Just to get you off my back. (just kidding, I liked the CD, so I gotta get the DVD)

I was watching SRV Live at Montreaux 82 & 85 last night with some friends, and it turns out Del McClinton is mentioned in the documentary. Seems the organ player, Reese Wynan, was playing with Del before they talked him into playing with SRV.

One more point on Eric Clapton......................That might be the last DVD with Eric playing with that band, those guys have played together for almost 20 years.......................Talented group of people......................Speaking only for myself, One more Car, One more Rider, if a person had to pick just one Clapton DVD, that's the one I'd pick, as much as I liked Hyde Park, One more covers it all...............

Steve.................If you don't like DELBERT, I'll buy it from you, but you MUST watch him do "Dreams" first...................Remember, that Austin City Limits is from 1983....................Personally speaking, Delbert is BETTER today than that 1983 performance, but it is well worth owning that disc just to show how he progressed over the years with song writing and singing skills................and, If I was on your back, you'd know it.....................