System Up For Sale

AnalOg

Tom,

I'll echo Gary's thoughts. Hard to do, but the right thing. You're a good man to put your family first. Do you have a smaller rig that can be put into service? I can help out if you'd like.

Take care,

Gregg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, I'll echo Gary's thoughts. Hard to do, but the right thing. You're a good man to put your family first. Do you have a smaller rig that can be put into service? I can help out if you'd like. Take care, Gregg

Thanks Fini, I have my HT system in the family room that I can still enjoy, it won't be quite the same but my day will come again.

Tom

Tom,

I guess you're removing items from the original post when they sell? Are you/did you sell the Ah! Tjoeb? I've been pining for one of those since I heard Dee's last fall. If it were me, that'd be the last to go...

Tom, I guess you're removing items from the original post when they sell? Are you/did you sell the Ah! Tjoeb? I've been pining for one of those since I heard Dee's last fall. If it were me, that'd be the last to go...

Fini,

I will be marking them as sold, the Ah! is still availble, you are correct its very sweet sounding. I am still researching into a fair market price for this piece, any ideas let me know.

Tom

Tom,

I am going to have to pass on the TT since I just sealed the deal on a Thorens TD-124 last night. I was up in the air as to which way I was going to go on this, but just had to see what all the fuss is about.

Your offer is going to be a hell of a deal for someone, and anyone interested in that table/arm/cart is going to be very happy.

Mike

Tom,

Is the TT still for sale? Are you willing to ship? If so, Chuck (Colonial Hoo) has a friend who would probably be interested in both the table and the step-up which he'd need. I know his budget was $1600 and this would work out about right if you'd offer the 2 (with I/Cs) for $1600 shipped.

Chuck - If you're there, you should ask Long if he's interested. This would be a really nice setup for him!!

Tom,

Is the TT still for sale? Are you willing to ship? If so, Chuck (Colonial Hoo) has a friend who would probably be interested in both the table and the step-up which he'd need. I know his budget was $1600 and this would work out about right if you'd offer the 2 (with I/Cs) for $1600 shipped.

Chuck - If you're there, you should ask Long if he's interested. This would be a really nice setup for him!!

The table is being considered by a few, but no solid commitment yet. If Long is interested have him email me so we can discuss further. Thanks for the heads up.

Tom

Tom,

I am going to have to pass on the TT since I just sealed the deal on a Thorens TD-124 last night. I was up in the air as to which way I was going to go on this, but just had to see what all the fuss is about.

Your offer is going to be a hell of a deal for someone, and anyone interested in that table/arm/cart is going to be very happy.

Mike

Good news Mike. Where did you find an TD124?

Good news Mike. Where did you find an TD124?

I have worked a deal with the person selling Jean Nantais' TD-124. It doesn't come with an arm (I will be looking for a SME 3012) but it is a stunner with a beautiful solid plinth, and will almost match my Maple VRD's and BBX. I'll post more pictures when I get it.

Mike

post-6388-13819298052388_thumb.jpg

Tom,

Two questions:

First, while you sell the current system, would you like to borrow a good pair of Heresy's, a Nakamichi cassette deck and a good Sansui 719 amp. Bone plain system... No questions asked, no cost, no obligation, just some 'hep, as we say down here; I'll send them to you and you can have some music. Send 'em back later when things settle down a bit.

Second, are you really sure you want to sell the LaScala's? I would like to make you an offer, but let me know if that's what you really want to do. If so, let me know at 863-634-7038 or email me at the following email address ocsosheriff1@okeechobee.com.

I sure hope the family situation gets better, Kind regards// MWM

The La Scala's finish is of a what I believe to be a dark walnut stain, which was done by the previous owner. The condition is very good except foor a small nick bottom right front corner of the left speaker & a rubmark about 2 inches long on the back corner of the same speaker. You can see the bottom right nick in this photo. The other is in the back so it is not visible.