Quartets with Academy in Home Theater???

SilverSport

...anyone running this combination??? I currently run Heresy Mains with an Academy Center and KSF-S5 Surrounds in a 5.1 (Outlaw Audio LFM-1 SubWoofer)...I picked up a set of Quartets as I think these are from the same "family" as the Academy and might meld better with that center...I use my HT 99% for movies as I seem to have picked up quite a few 2 channel systems listening to all of you... [:P] [;)] ... so I would appreciate your thoughts...it seems the Forte' (II) and Chorus (II) as well as the kg4s (similar design I believe) get all the press...I am trying out the Quartets in 2 channel (on EICO HF-81) for now and it is quite nice...Bill

...and these are as beautiful as the day they were made...add a bit of Dr. Bill's reciepe' of 3 parts gumm turpentine and 1 part BLO...beauty...I cannot imagine what Forte's or Chorus' must sound like...the synergy of this speaker is very nice...thanks...Bill

I was running this combination for the last 6 months. I thought it was pretty darn good. I had rs-35s as surrounds and an swii-8 sub. Though, I did make some stands for the quartets to put the horns up to ear level when I was seated. That made a difference for the better. It didn't really effect the bass since most of the bass was produced by the sub. Then I upgraded the networks on the quartets and the academy with popbumpers crossovers. That made a huge difference - made the sound image have more depth.

But I was able to snag some ChorusII off of craiglist last week and replaced the quartets with those. But ChorusII, ForteII, Quartet, Academy are all in the same family and you can't go wrong.

...anyone running this combination??? I currently run Heresy Mains with an Academy Center and KSF-S5 Surrounds in a 5.1 (Outlaw Audio LFM-1 SubWoofer)...I picked up a set of Quartets as I think these are from the same "family" as the Academy and might meld better with that center...I use my HT 99% for movies as I seem to have picked up quite a few 2 channel systems listening to all of you... [:P] [;)] ... so I would appreciate your thoughts...it seems the Forte' (II) and Chorus (II) as well as the kg4s (similar design I believe) get all the press...I am trying out the Quartets in 2 channel (on EICO HF-81) for now and it is quite nice...Bill

I ran Quartets up front with an Academy center and Heresy surrounds for a time. It was pretty good. The front section was excellent. Try that, I think you'll find it's an improvement over what you're running now. Once you find another set of Quartets, or a set of Forte IIs or Chorus IIs, you'll be set.

Silversport,

I first started with forte II's and academy up front, now I went to all forte II's across the front and for surrounds. I do us a set of quartets for rear centers. They all blend real well. Another forte II for center is a little better than the academy. Buy another couple pairs of quartets or forte II's or chorus II's and you will never look back. The best way I can describe it when all the front speakers timbre match is that the sound comes from different directions but it doesn't sound like the exact pinpoint of the speaker.

You have the full Forte' II front...seems like just a short time ago we were talking about Forte's...perhaps I will end up going that route as well...tried to do the all Heresy route but couldn't seem to get that extra set at a reasonable price...everyone seemed to want over $500...spoiled by the great deals I guess...anyway...these Quartets are a sweet speaker...what is the improvement in Forte and Chorus??? ;) ...Bill

How about a pair of Academy's in the back? I have gone back to using my Belle Klipsch since I cannot seem to get them sold. I would sell the pair for exactly what I paid for them. A sturdy carton and packing would have to be purchased to ensure their safe arrival though. Any takers?

You have the full Forte' II front...seems like just a short time ago we were talking about Forte's...perhaps I will end up going that route as well...tried to do the all Heresy route but couldn't seem to get that extra set at a reasonable price...everyone seemed to want over $500...spoiled by the great deals I guess...anyway...these Quartets are a sweet speaker...what is the improvement in Forte and Chorus??? ;) ...Bill

There was a set of oak forte II's in Rockford, ill a couple of weeks ago on ebay, don't know if they sold. A quartet with forte ii's or all quartets would sound good. Actually I think you could mix and match all four speakers in combination and have good sound. quartets, forte ii's, Chorus ii's and the academy. The forte II as a front center did open up more bass response from the center channel over the academy. The Tractrix horn does a great job for the midrange. I set mine at small and use 80 hz for crossover. You get a good bass thump from the right direction and the sub does the rest.

Merkin...thanks very much...good to know...Frzn...I really need to STOP buying more speakers...thanks for the kind offer...good luck...so many here squawk (pun intended) about the Academy and here you have two and the fish aren't biting??? (as with the K'Horns and 'Belles...[*-)])...Bill