video of William Shatner performing "Rocket Man"

Parrot

If shatner had tried out for American Idol--------Simon would have thrown him Off the stage, after mentally berating him!..........

Shatner is the worst "Actor" ever- I am continually shocked that he is even able to get roles.........:>/******

Now what is really funny is comedian Chris Elliot on David Letterman doing his impersonation of William Shatner doing his interpretaion of Rocket Man. I tried to find it on youtube but to no avail.

William Shatner doesn't take himself too seriously and I thought he was funny on 3rd Rock From The Sun.

How about Kate Bush doing RocketMan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2enZ2aV6m1M&search=rocket%20man

I guess it just goes to show that an individual can be a marginal actor and still carve out a career somewhere in Hollywood.

I am of the generation that watched Star Trek as a young boy, every episode. I was quite taken by the view into the future,....and the drama!

Given what television has become I have to smile at the relative innocence of it all.

I recently saw an animated movie called "Over the Hedge" and Shatner's voice was used for one of the characters,....it's actually pretty cute the way they melded in a line or two from his Star Trek cliche's.

Regards,