Derek Trucks to tour with Eric Clapton

Is he out of The Allman Bros., they are on tour with Tom Petty, atleast they have a date at Saratoga, N.Y. or is he doing both?Wish they'd bring back Dickie anyway, much more skilled guitarist, and song writer.

The Derek Trucks Band and the Allmans are playing here in Chattanooga this week. Same night. I don't know if they will have as big a crowd as Hank Williams Jr. though. He opened last night for the week of festivities.

Is he out of The Allman Bros., they are on tour with Tom Petty, atleast they have a date at Saratoga, N.Y. or is he doing both?Wish they'd bring back Dickie anyway, much more skilled guitarist, and song writer.

Betts is paying a high price for low life- that guy is totally ate up.

Betts is paying a high price for low life- that guy is totally ate up.

Dickie Betts was a major force in the Allman Bros. and is due his proper respect for his accomplishments with the band, and his Solo's along with Duane's are Classic Rock History, no matter what problems he may have had, or still has.

I was more interested in Derek Trucks, is he doing triple duty, or has he been replaced in the Allmans? Just curious, in EC's band, Allmans, and fronting the Derek Trucks Band, that's alot of bands, is that possible he's doing all 3? OR, is DTB opening for Clapton? OR is Derek Trucks the second guitarist with EC's band?

Derek and Butch are still both listed as members of the Allman Bros. Band.

Sat. June 17, Derek will be one working dude. The Derek Trucks band plays from 7:45-9:00pm and the Allman Bros. play from 9:30-11:00pm.

Single nite tickets are $23. You could pay $36 for the whole week.

I'd sure like to hear this one.

Chattanooga is a bit far for you, but you could be here byy the weekend. Of course, someone would have to fill in at the pulpit. [6]

I will add that the set from 6:30-745pm is Oteil Burbridge

& The Peacemakers. Burbridge is the current bass player for the Allmans.

Bruce

Warren Haynes is still the #1 picker with ABB, right? Then Derek is #2?

Sorry about the diss to Dickey, he has led a tough life but still managed a great career with plenty of creative input into the band. Unfortunately enough has been enough.

I too wonder then, is Derek actually playing in the Clapton band? There seems to always have been a second guitar recently. This would be the tour of a lifetime for the young southerner. Kudos to Eric for recognizing true talent and moxy.

Michael

Here's the answer, from deeper in the EC site:

2005 / 2006 STUDIO BAND

Eric Clapton (guitar / vocals), Doyle Bramhall (guitar), Derek Trucks
(slide guitar). Other musicians still unknown (as 25 Feb 06)

2006 / 2007 TOURING BAND

EUROPE AND UK (May 2006 - July 2006)

Eric Clapton (guitar / vocals), Doyle Bramhall II (guitar), Willie
Weeks (bass), Steve Jordan (drums), Chris Stainton (keyboards), Tim
Carmon (keyboards), Michelle John (backing vocals), Sharon White
(backing vocals), The Kick Horns (Simon Clarke, Roddy Lorimer, Tim
Sanders)

Sadly Derek will not be with Eric on tour, I'm guessing because of previous committments. Please note the inclusion of the fabulous Chris Stainton (from Joe Cocker's band) on keyboards however- that is one kicking touring outfit, c'mon WIllie Weeks on bass- can't go wrong!

Michael

Thanks Mike, Eric's touring band is quite a line up, NO it's a great line up. Pro's all of them, as much as I have seen Clapton, I would see him once more with that Band. Steve Jordan is top shelf himself, never mind Willie and Mr, Stainton, and a horn section. If you ask long enough around here you'll get an answer, again, thanks Mike!!!

Dickie Betts, for whatever demons chase him, was a major player in the Allman Bros. and deserves his proper dues. His song writing and guitar playing cannot be dismissed, and like him or not, will always remembered for some great guitar soloing with Duane. Blue Sky comes to mind, that's Dickies gem, and the Live verision with Duane is a Rock Classic. Sadly, his stay with the Allmans has ended in unfriendly terms, and I know, Duane wouldn't be Happy about it............